Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Dlask custom Canadian legal bullpup

Hmmm keep it under $2000 and I'm in.
    "6 bullets, more than enough to kill anything that moves" -Revolver Ocelot

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    The more on the market, the merrier.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

CGN Regular
    If it was non resricted, took m14 mags, and didnt cost a tonne......Im in.
    Mike

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Dlask don't get too disheartened by the price shoppers on here. There are those who were saying the $999 for the Type 97 was too much. You can't please such people, those who can afford it and want it will buy it and may be quietly watching this thread.

I'd just like to voice some support for this idea. It would be tough for me to swing 2g's with the wife, but if it took 7.62 Pmags...

I'm surprised people mostly are interested in m14 mags. I'd much prefer something that dropped free with a mag release similar to an AR.

Ben

I will offer my two cents too. I look for this bull pup to be in line with teh XCR-M price range so $2,000-$2,600 completed. This may seem a bit high but for a new rifle properly engineered and backed with a Dlask bullet proof type warranty tat would be my price limit.

I do not think the Type 97 is junk but it is worth what they are priced at. The type 97 has no bearing on this new proposed bull pup since we are talking completely different calibers. In most provinces you cannot hunt with 223 so that cuts that markey down quite a bit in my mind. This new bull pup could be used for hunting, shooting at the range, or even shooting competitions with enough tweaking I am sure.

All in all I think the new M14 based bull pup project would be a hit in Canada for sure but of course taht would depend on the configuration for me and weight.
    Protect our freedoms and fight for our new found rights and the ones we still do not have.

Made in Canada.

Dlask quality is expected and, therefore, they will execute each phase of development as usual. As far as competition its really between Kel Tech and Tavor. The Poly Tech is so cheap everyone is going to buy it no matter what. I feel Dlask will target $1800. At this price Dlask will win over Kel Tech due to quality, same caliber, and being Canadian. I think Dlask would want to price their product with the widest spread possible away from the Tavor. Because, I believe the Tavor is over priced and has room to move if there were competition. For example, if Dlask cost $2200 we would see Tavor pricing drop to $2400 - $2500 or less. Therefore, the real question becomes - will the custom pay an extra $200 - $300 for battle tested reliability and smaller caliber? or in other words - pay $200 - $300 less for larger caliber, Canadian made and no battle tested reliability.

Competition:
    $1000.......Poly-tech T97.....(5.56x45)
    $1800......Dlask...............(assume 7.62x51)
    $2000.......Kel Tech RPB......(7.62x51)
    $2700.......IWI Tavor 21......(5.56x45)

I'm in for $1800.
    NFA member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenoob View Post
    For example, if Dlask cost $2200 we would see Tavor pricing drop to $2400 - $2500 or less. Therefore, the real question becomes - will the custom pay an extra $200 - $300 for battle tested reliability and smaller caliber? or in other words - pay $200 - $300 less for larger caliber, Canadian made and no battle tested reliability.
    That's right, I forgot that the M-14 has never seen a battle field in it's life .

Remember the basis of the Dlask bullpup action will be the M-14.

Quote Originally Posted by loki_81 View Post
    That's right, I forgot that the M-14 has never seen a battle field in it's life .

Remember the basis of the Dlask bullpup action will be the M-14.
    whats the status on this m14 bullpup?
    is it non restricted?
    how much?
    ”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
    ~James Earl Jones

Toronto - Silverdale Gun Club & Target Sports Canada
    I would be game for this bullpup if:
    -it came in black
    -under $2000
    -non restricted
    -fire ready out of the box
    -either m14 or sr25 mags
    -obviously .308/7.62