Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Xander Customs M14S M1A Stock

Manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by berger View Post
    Nice to see another stock option! The Norinco M14/M305 has really brought forth some great builders/fabricators!

I would really consider it, but it leaves me in the same boat as my CQB stock. I want to be able to use iron sights, and switch to an optic. I know cannot have everything.
    I understand the concept of a simple light rifle with iron sights, however I do believe the concept of using both irons and an optic is overrated. Initially I was the same way, having learned to shoot with iron sights I saw them as something I couldn't give up. In retrospect I think this is an old school way of thinking and not necessarily the best one. If you are co-witnessing an optic that requires a battery to operate you have a strong argument and in this instance I agree.

For use with this stock I recommend a fixed 4x or 5x optic or a variable 3x - 9x that does not require batteries for normal use other than perhaps an illuminated reticule.

You don't need the iron sights. A good cheek weld and a simple setup are better things to have.

I realize people will not agree with me. That's fine. I do see the advantages of using only the iron sights and that's something I've been contemplating.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    has anybody bought one of these? i was in contact with Xander customs interested in one but didn't wanna be the first to buy one
    I haven't sold a whole lot of stocks. I have sold a few. I haven't made any money on this endeavor. I have lost a substantial amount of money. The expression "get it while you can" also comes to mind.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Customs View Post
    I haven't sold a whole lot of stocks. I have sold a few. I haven't made any money on this endeavor. I have lost a substantial amount of money. The expression "get it while you can" also comes to mind.
    That would be a shame, hopefully i can save fast enough and be the guinea pig i wanted others to be.

where on vancouver island are you?

just wondering if i could get a first hand look and one of these stocks

Manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by guns&ammo View Post
    where on vancouver island are you?

just wondering if i could get a first hand look and one of these stocks
    Comox Valley

My finished M14. Very happy with it.

I come from the Land of the Ice and Snow from the Midnight sun where the hot springs blow
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post

Which stock is this?

Black feather by the looks of it. No my fav by a long shot. Interested to see some more of this Xander! Maybe with a magpul stock!

BANNED
    It is an earlier version from Xander,his final version doesn't have all the holes

I come from the Land of the Ice and Snow from the Midnight sun where the hot springs blow
    I agree. The Xander stock looks really good from the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post

Which railed upper foreend did you use; seem to recall 'compatibility issues' w/ off the self units, earlier in the thread..?
    "Neil, if you had any guts you'd yell 'Oh my God, what is that thing?!', scream, and then cut your mic." :

- Michael Collins on the first words to be spoken on the Moon