Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Xander Customs M14S M1A Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Doc911 View Post
    Which railed upper foreend did you use; seem to recall 'compatibility issues' w/ off the self units, earlier in the thread..?
    Looks like an Ultimak M8.

Cheers,
    D.

Yes, it does, and if that's the model, how much fitting required..?
    "Neil, if you had any guts you'd yell 'Oh my God, what is that thing?!', scream, and then cut your mic." :

- Michael Collins on the first words to be spoken on the Moon

Manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    My finished M14. Very happy with it.
    I'm glad you like it.

Which railed upper foreend did you use; seem to recall 'compatibility issues' w/ off the self units, earlier in the thread..?
    It's one of my first prototypes. It does not use an Op Rod Guide that bolts into the stock. I made this one on a manual mill cranking by hand.

Yes, it does, and if that's the model, how much fitting required..?
    It would not be difficult to make one of the newer versions of my stock that does not use an incorporated Op Rod Guide or have fitting issues with an aftermarket top. Ideally I would need the rifle with the specific forend attached to be certain.

Quote Originally Posted by rethius View Post
    Black feather by the looks of it. No my fav by a long shot. Interested to see some more of this Xander! Maybe with a magpul stock!
    FYI that prototype came first and was shown on CGN over a year ago.

I do have some pics of my current production version with a Magpul CTR I'll have to dig them up.

Any chance you might be doing a show and tell at one of the island gun shows? It would be nice to get a chance to admire it in person.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    xander, you should bring yourself and your work to my 4 day m14 clinic and shoot this summer , july 8 to 12. shoot me a pm if yer interested

Manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by rethius View Post
    Interested to see some more of this Xander! Maybe with a magpul stock!

This is a pic from the first production version I made.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    xander, you should bring yourself and your work to my 4 day m14 clinic and shoot this summer , july 8 to 12. shoot me a pm if yer interested
    Yes I'm interested. We'll see if I'm still in business by then.

Where can I get one.

Ditto, interested in the style above with magpul style stock

Thanks for the awesome stock :D. Here is a picture! She is almost done just need a scope and a new muzzlebrake/flashhider and she is done! The stock is a RRA operator and the grip is from my XCR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ardent's Avatar
    Northern BC, Coastal BC, or Africa. Depends on the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Customs View Post
    The most expensive part about purchasing an aluminum chassis is buying one you don't quite like and then selling it on the EE for half of what you paid only to buy something else later. I'm working on ways to reduce my price. The big manufactures can give better prices. I'm a little guy. Also, when people purchase a Norinco, they somehow expect any stock to be on par with what they paid for their rifle (compare this to a springfield M1A). This is a Canadian made aluminum chassis with many aspects of it being hand crafted and finished. I don't want to hear another word about it.
    Great to see more Canadian products hitting the mail. Really impressed you've come to fruition on this. Only visual thing I can comment on is it would really be slick if the heel of the receiver could go under a cap than is fixed by allen screws down into the chassis. It would both fill that void from receiver heel to stock comb line, and provide likely one of the best M14 bedding setups going without requiring rear lugged receivers etc. Just my small change.