Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Xander Customs M14S M1A Stock

that od green one oh man
    now i am torn between stocks and both are canadian built

Quote Originally Posted by bc_boy View Post
    that od green one oh man
    now i am torn between stocks and both are canadian built
    That OD one is awesome. If I find myself into some money I need one of those. go with that one if you're torn man.

Are you still in business? My range is allowing a version of service rifle competition again so I plan to dig out my M1A!

Manufacturer
    You, the CGN membership, deserve an update on my situation as far as my stocks are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardent View Post
    Great to see more Canadian products hitting the mail. Really impressed you've come to fruition on this. Only visual thing I can comment on is it would really be slick if the heel of the receiver could go under a cap than is fixed by allen screws down into the chassis. It would both fill that void from receiver heel to stock comb line, and provide likely one of the best M14 bedding setups going without requiring rear lugged receivers etc. Just my small change.
    I already have a preliminary design for a next generation of stock. I have it drawn up in CAD and have spent some time investing in some additional equipment to help me make stocks less expensively. The goal for the next generation isn't necessarily to make anything better, although I've already been experimenting with a few things similar to what you are suggesting. The goal is to make it less expensive while adding a few more features. This will require additional cash and time to see it through, which I don't have, so it will have to wait.

I can't honestly say if this will ever come to fruition. I'm not willing to comment further on this at this time, so please don't ask. It's a long term goal.

Quote Originally Posted by hend238 View Post
    Are you still in business? My range is allowing a version of service rifle competition again so I plan to dig out my M1A!
    Many people have expressed interest in my stocks but when it comes down to actually making a commitment I've only sold a few stocks. I started offering potential customers the option of having their handguards painted for free at the same as their stocks, but I haven't had any positive feedback in response to this. Perhaps this was a failure on my part and I should always be ready to have a stock in the mail instead of offering custom colours and the free painting of handguards, which takes some time to process.

Currently I'm looking for full time employment and have been for some time. My priorities and time commitments are prioritized towards that goal. I can be reached at xandercustoms@hotmail.ca if anyone is serious about purchasing a stock. I'm not currently responding to private messages on CGN.

Thank-you to everyone who has made a comment in relation to my stocks or has expressed interest.

I have one and i would highly reccomend it. Way nicer to shoot with the straight stock. The ergos are perfect for optic sights, no more twisting your neck to see through the optic or putting the riser cheek piece on.
    Xander is good to deal with.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pres717's Avatar
    This will work with an 18.5" barrel?
    "I like guns, I like the way they look,
    I like the shiny steel and the polished wood.
    I don´t care if they´re big or small,
    if they´re for sale, hell, I want´em all!
    I like guns, I like guns, I like guns!"
    (Steve Lee)

Quote Originally Posted by pres717 View Post
    This will work with an 18.5" barrel?
    Yes it does. I installed one on my shorty no problems.

Is the scope mount included?
    (Steve Lee)

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Yes it does. I installed one on my shorty no problems.

Oh my, that looks really nice. I think I may have to bite on this one. Was the scope mount included with the stock?
    (Steve Lee)

CGN Regular
    You do beautiful work Xander. Hopefully people (on this board and elsewhere) will spread the word a bit for you. I am currently just getting into firearms of my own, so while your stock is in my budget, it is not high on the priority list at the moment (I don't even own an M305 for example).

I sincerely hope that you manage to continue making these, and ultimately make it viable in the long term for yourself, they look great. The ability to take standard AR stocks and grips is awesome! My only inquiries would be if it might be possible to a)extend the bottom rail a bit rearward, as I like the angled foregrips (not having handled your stock, I'm not sure if it would be needed though). Also, I am interested in the offset irons that can be seen on many AR platforms that also have powered optics - I would be curious if something might be worked out to allow this (you'd know better than I what might be required if it is even possible). Lastly, would the stock be able to accept a non-standard barrel contour?

If you do find full time work doing something else, would you consider making these (or other?) stocks on a limited basis?

Thanks, and good luck in whatever direction you end up heading.