Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Xander Customs M14S M1A Stock

Quote Originally Posted by pres717 View Post
    Is the scope mount included?
    The scope mount isn't included but I got it for free when i bought the M14 on the left.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ardent's Avatar
    Northern BC, Coastal BC, or Africa. Depends on the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Customs View Post
    You, the CGN membership, deserve an update on my situation as far as my stocks are concerned.

I already have a preliminary design for a next generation of stock. I have it drawn up in CAD and have spent some time investing in some additional equipment to help me make stocks less expensively. The goal for the next generation isn't necessarily to make anything better, although I've already been experimenting with a few things similar to what you are suggesting. The goal is to make it less expensive while adding a few more features. This will require additional cash and time to see it through, which I don't have, so it will have to wait.

I can't honestly say if this will ever come to fruition. I'm not willing to comment further on this at this time, so please don't ask. It's a long term goal.

Many people have expressed interest in my stocks but when it comes down to actually making a commitment I've only sold a few stocks. I started offering potential customers the option of having their handguards painted for free at the same as their stocks, but I haven't had any positive feedback in response to this. Perhaps this was a failure on my part and I should always be ready to have a stock in the mail instead of offering custom colours and the free painting of handguards, which takes some time to process.

Currently I'm looking for full time employment and have been for some time. My priorities and time commitments are prioritized towards that goal. I can be reached at xandercustoms@hotmail.ca if anyone is serious about purchasing a stock. I'm not currently responding to private messages on CGN.

Thank-you to everyone who has made a comment in relation to my stocks or has expressed interest.
    Good enough for me, I'll buy one and emailing now, I want home team guys to thrive. Thanks for responding on my thoughts, seems you were already there. I'll review the stock for morrisonarms.com as a paying customer, email inbound.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ardent's Avatar
    Northern BC, Coastal BC, or Africa. Depends on the season.
    And now I just need to figure a folder mechanism that will work well for mine...

I sent and e-mail last week, no reply yet.

Do you have an OD stock ready to rock?
    "Send it!"

CGN Regular
    bumping for my questions in post # 70

Manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by a_n_o_n View Post
    You do beautiful work Xander. Hopefully people (on this board and elsewhere) will spread the word a bit for you. I am currently just getting into firearms of my own, so while your stock is in my budget, it is not high on the priority list at the moment (I don't even own an M305 for example).

I sincerely hope that you manage to continue making these, and ultimately make it viable in the long term for yourself, they look great. The ability to take standard AR stocks and grips is awesome!
    Thank-you for your comments. I apologize for not answering your questions sooner.

My only inquiries would be if it might be possible to a)extend the bottom rail a bit rearward, as I like the angled foregrips (not having handled your stock, I'm not sure if it would be needed though).
    My stocks have 4 rails. The pictures only show 3, but you can see where the 4th rail attaches and it's as far back as it can go. I've never used an angled fore grip.

Also, I am interested in the offset irons that can be seen on many AR platforms that also have powered optics - I would be curious if something might be worked out to allow this (you'd know better than I what might be required if it is even possible).
    A sight modification to allow iron sights with one of my stocks? Yes, that's the next project I want to do for my personal rifle.

If you're talking about co-witnessing the iron sights with an optic I don't recommend it on an M14S. Quick release rings or a base for your scope in conjunction with a sight modification in order to accommodate iron sights with a higher cheek weld is a better option in my opinion. Of course, I think a simple fixed 4x scope or variable 3x-9x that isn't too heavy is ideal. As such, I have no intention of trying to co-witness iron sights and an optic on one of my stocks.

Lastly, would the stock be able to accept a non-standard barrel contour?
    I don't know for sure. In the past I've offered to do a custom fitting (if necessary) for anyone with a medium barrel. No one took me up on it. I suspect it would be fine due to the fact that the dimensions of the barrel at the Op Rod Guide are the same. A heavy barrel would not fit, however, I'm sure I could do a custom fitting for a heavy barrel as and / or make a stock that doesn't incorporate an Op Rod Guide in that case. At this point, the conversation is strictly academic.

If you do find full time work doing something else, would you consider making these (or other?) stocks on a limited basis?
    I can't answer you right now. I don't know the answer to that.

Currently, I will not be making posts or answering PM's on CGN. I can be reached by e-mail.

Thank-you again to everyone who has made a comment here.

They are beautiful, with the reduction in weight did it increase the kick of the rifle ?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewMK View Post
    They are beautiful, with the reduction in weight did it increase the kick of the rifle ?
    Not really, it positions the rifle more in-line with the butt stock. I find the recoil to be more linear in to your shoulder pocket. As long as you do your part and drive the gun, recoil is not an issue.
    "Send it!"

Here's how mine is currently set up
    "Send it!"

wow those look bada$$.very cool.