Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Xander Customs M14S M1A Stock

Smooth and refined. Reminds me of the JAE, but slimmer with better rails. How much does it weigh?

are these in production? i would be very interested

That stock is beautiful! Job well done. But two question Why is there a space between the end of the receiver and where the buttstock? When can i get one in OD green??

Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Grizzlypeg's Avatar
    Beautiful. Looks like a great design.
    NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO DISCLOSE “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Cesare Beccaria

Very nice. Love the slim forend. Looks great.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Fenix.NZ's Avatar
    Hamiltron - City of the Future , New Zealand
    my only question is, is the Op rod guide pictured, neccessary to mount an M14 in this stock? or can i just drop an action in and shoot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon
    Now let's talk about that hand bag. Will it match those cute shoes that I wear when I go out for appletinis with the boys?

how much again?

Manufacturer
    Thank-you to everyone for your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by onthehunt View Post
    ....I just saw it in person 7 hours ago. All i can say is wow.
    Thank-you for your help yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Blegend View Post
    that looks like a place to put a shorty.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser GDog View Post

My favorite thing about my USGI glass stock is how slender it is up front, and this looks the same if not more slender.

Is the opening above the grip just to save weight?
    Yes, my design concept was to go as slender as possible. Aluminum stocks should be slimmer than their wood or fiberglass counterparts. Not the opposite.

Yes, to save weight, although you may be able to use it for other things too, like hanging your rifle up when you go to the cabin or perhaps routing some webbing through there for a sling attachment (haven't tried this). Of Course you can use any standard sling plate made for an AR instead. So yes, for weight.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    when i get back from the states, i want one
    nice clean lines, no cheese grater effect.
    simply beautiful
    I'll be in touch but please put my name on one
    What a great compliment. I should know shortly an approximate date when you can expect it. I have a waiting list of people who have already said that they want or are very interested in my stock based on my prototypes. I've sent out PM's and when I hear back I'll be able to let you know approximately when it will be ready. I have a few that are essentially ready now (waiting on a few small things to arrive). I plan on having at least another 6 available next month.

FYI, standard colours are Green, Black, or Coyote Brown. Any other colour that Armacoat makes for an additional charge. If enough people want that colour it will become a standard colour.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    weight etc?
    I took a painted stock to the store I buy fasteners from. They have a very accurate scale. Then I took the stock to a different store I buy fasteners from to double check. Then I took it to a post office for a third opinion. There will be some variance from stock to stock as a result of the sanding and finishing I do, but here are the results;

The bare bones stock was

1.54 lbs

Stock and Op Rod Guide and grip piece and all of the cap screws and set screws (including grip screw)

1.735 lbs

4 rails and mounting screws (3 rails shown in picture and all rails can be removed)

Total for stock and all 4 rails 1.735 + 0.305 = 2.04 lbs

I dunno, it feels heaver in my hand than that, but 3 scales can't be wrong. So the way it is in the picture it's less than 2 lbs. I've worked very hard to shave everywhere I can. The first production version (not shown in the pics and the one I test fired) was actually a bit slimmer than this one. Of course this does not include buttstock or grip or scope or scope mount or top handguard or rifle.

Why did I get into this? (I've been working on this for several years now). Because every aluminum stock was a heavy bulky catastrophe. My design concept, light, slim, simple.

Quote Originally Posted by jpd View Post
    Reminds me of the JAE, but slimmer with better rails.
    My rails are certainly not better than JAE's. The machining on those rails is amazing. The rails I use are inexpensive low profile rails. That's it. Nothing special. If you're saying that my stock looks like a JAE based on the quality of the manufacturing I will take that as a compliment but otherwise I'm going to completely disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    are these in production? i would be very interested
    They are. But I do them one at a time, and when I have a few ready I paint them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    That stock is beautiful! Job well done. But two question Why is there a space between the end of the receiver and where the buttstock? When can i get one in OD green??

Thanks
    Ha ha, I see you are already on the list. I'll take this post as a confirmation you wish to purchase. I'll be able to give you an approximate date to expect shipment fairly soon I expect.

The space is there for two reasons. 1. Weight 2. Possible future accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix.NZ View Post
    my only question is, is the Op rod guide pictured, neccessary to mount an M14 in this stock? or can i just drop an action in and shoot?
    Yes, but why? It's better with the guide installed. If you're adamant about not using the guide send me a PM and I may be able to do something else for you and make you a stock that does not have the guide holes in it. I wouldn't charge any extra for this but also I recommend using the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by shortandlong View Post
    how much again?
    The most expensive part about purchasing an aluminum chassis is buying one you don't quite like and then selling it on the EE for half of what you paid only to buy something else later. I'm working on ways to reduce my price. The big manufactures can give better prices. I'm a little guy. Also, when people purchase a Norinco, they somehow expect any stock to be on par with what they paid for their rifle (compare this to a springfield M1A). This is a Canadian made aluminum chassis with many aspects of it being hand crafted and finished. I don't want to hear another word about it.

A question for all you dealers out there. What rates do you charge as far as taxes go for out of province sales? I spoke with the gentleman who does my business taxes and I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what he's talking about. If you could let me know in a PM I'd appreciate it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Customs View Post
    Thank-you to everyone for your comments.

Thank-you for your help yesterday.

I agree

Yes, my design concept was to go as slender as possible. Aluminum stocks should be slimmer than their wood or fiberglass counterparts. Not the opposite.

Yes, to save weight, although you may be able to use it for other things too, like hanging your rifle up when you go to the cabin or perhaps routing some webbing through there for a sling attachment (haven't tried this). Of Course you can use any standard sling plate made for an AR instead. So yes, for weight.

What a great compliment. I should know shortly an approximate date when you can expect it. I have a waiting list of people who have already said that they want or are very interested in my stock based on my prototypes. I've sent out PM's and when I hear back I'll be able to let you know approximately when it will be ready. I have a few that are essentially ready now (waiting on a few small things to arrive). I plan on having at least another 6 available next month.

FYI, standard colours are Green, Black, or Coyote Brown. Any other colour that Armacoat makes for an additional charge. If enough people want that colour it will become a standard colour.

I took a painted stock to the store I buy fasteners from. They have a very accurate scale. Then I took the stock to a different store I buy fasteners from to double check. Then I took it to a post office for a third opinion. There will be some variance from stock to stock as a result of the sanding and finishing I do, but here are the results;

The bare bones stock was

1.54 lbs

Stock and Op Rod Guide and grip piece and all of the cap screws and set screws (including grip screw)

1.735 lbs

4 rails and mounting screws (3 rails shown in picture and all rails can be removed)

Total for stock and all 4 rails 1.735 + 0.305 = 2.04 lbs

I dunno, it feels heaver in my hand than that, but 3 scales can't be wrong. So the way it is in the picture it's less than 2 lbs. I've worked very hard to shave everywhere I can. The first production version (not shown in the pics and the one I test fired) was actually a bit slimmer than this one. Of course this does not include buttstock or grip or scope or scope mount or top handguard or rifle.

Why did I get into this? (I've been working on this for several years now). Because every aluminum stock was a heavy bulky catastrophe. My design concept, light, slim, simple.

My rails are certainly not better than JAE's. The machining on those rails is amazing. The rails I use are inexpensive low profile rails. That's it. Nothing special. If you're saying that my stock looks like a JAE based on the quality of the manufacturing I will take that as a compliment but otherwise I'm going to completely disagree with you.

They are. But I do them one at a time, and when I have a few ready I paint them.

Ha ha, I see you are already on the list. I'll take this post as a confirmation you wish to purchase. I'll be able to give you an approximate date to expect shipment fairly soon I expect.

The space is there for two reasons. 1. Weight 2. Possible future accessories.

Yes, but why? It's better with the guide installed. If you're adamant about not using the guide send me a PM and I may be able to do something else for you and make you a stock that does not have the guide holes in it. I wouldn't charge any extra for this but also I recommend using the guide.

The most expensive part about purchasing an aluminum chassis is buying one you don't quite like and then selling it on the EE for half of what you paid only to buy something else later. I'm working on ways to reduce my price. The big manufactures can give better prices. I'm a little guy. Also, when people purchase a Norinco, they somehow expect any stock to be on par with what they paid for their rifle (compare this to a springfield M1A). This is a Canadian made aluminum chassis with many aspects of it being hand crafted and finished. I don't want to hear another word about it.

A question for all you dealers out there. What rates do you charge as far as taxes go for out of province sales? I spoke with the gentleman who does my business taxes and I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what he's talking about. If you could let me know in a PM I'd appreciate it.
    Every province is a little diffrent. With ones with HST you charge the rate so for BC its 12 percent Ontario is 13. With Saskwewan its like 5 i think. You have to look it up online.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    Okay, WOW :D

Definitely an AWESOME looking stock, and for the price it's actually competitive with things like the VLTOR modstock etc... especially for a full chassis system. Most definitely impressed!

Been wanting an M14 Tanker for a while and this stock is just awesome looking, maybe in the near future I'll be looking into one :D