Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TNW Aero Survival Rifle: Are you guys bringing these in?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose308 View Post
    Crash course, how does this work again?

Is it, "look, if I screw this NR barrel on it, it then an NR rifle, so it doesn't matter if I swap out the barrel to an R barrel, because if I put the NR barrel on it, it's all good"?

If that is the case, do you need to carry your NR barrel with you at all times? I can't see an officer being happy with that sort of logic if the NR wasn't around. Heck, I can't see and officer being happy with that sort of logic even if the NR barrel was around.
    It doesn't work and is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    Wrong. The barrel needs to be 18.5 + always on semi autos.
    Of course, the .22 barrel they are planning for it could be less than 18.5 inches.
    When they came for my Full auto machine gun, no one did a thing, as it didn't affect them. When they came for my Converted auto, they still said nothing. When they came for my Handguns and Semi-autos they were still too scared to say anything. When they came for my single shot bolt-action .22 rifle, there was no one left to help me.
    Is this what we want to see in our future?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by fnrob View Post
    Of course, the .22 barrel they are planning for it could be less than 18.5 inches.
    True, guess I should have said center fire semi autos. but regardless, switching to a restricted barrel without re registering etc is no less illegal simply because you have one non-restricted barrel laying around.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    It doesn't work and is illegal.
    You can legally make a non restricted firearm restricted and back. You have 30 days to report any change to the firearm that changes the Classification of it. Meaning you screw the restricted barrel on you call on the 29 day and ask them to change it they will. If you want to change it back they might ask for you to have the firearm verfied you take it to someone who can do that they verfiy that there is a non restricted barrel length on it and it gets changed. Thats it...

Now here is the tricky part some people do this.. They leave the non restricted barrel on the firearm because once it changes you need a authorization to transport. So they leave it non restricted head to the range put on the restricted barrel and before leaveing they switch it back that way they shoot at the range with a restricted firearm and don't have to go through the hassle of getting paper work to take it out because it's non restricted in transport....

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    You can legally make a non restricted firearm restricted and back. You have 30 days to report any change to the firearm that changes the Classification of it. Meaning you screw the restricted barrel on you call on the 29 day and ask them to change it they will. If you want to change it back they might ask for you to have the firearm verfied you take it to someone who can do that they verfiy that there is a non restricted barrel length on it and it gets changed. Thats it...

Now here is the tricky part some people do this.. They leave the non restricted barrel on the firearm because once it changes you need a authorization to transport. So they leave it non restricted head to the range put on the restricted barrel and before leaveing they switch it back that way they shoot at the range with a restricted firearm and don't have to go through the hassle of getting paper work to take it out because it's non restricted in transport....
    You refer to this as "Tricky".
    Is it LEGAL to do this?
    I dont have any swap-barrel guns, so I havent paid close attention to this Rest/Non-R stuff.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    You refer to this as "Tricky".
    Is it LEGAL to do this?
    I dont have any swap-barrel guns, so I havent paid close attention to this Rest/Non-R stuff.
    It is not clarified in law. Just ask yourself how a liberal judge would rule on that one.....

To change calibres, do you replace the entire bolt, or just a small bolt head?
    At about 3 minutes in the video, he mentions the bolt and carrier, but at about 3;15 it looks like one big honking bolt.
    My idea of a clever quick swap system would be one bolt with several swap-able head inserts, cut to fit
    9x19, 40S&W, 45ACP, and perhaps even 7.62x25 Tok
    https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...2280-rd-crate/
    (I'm not sure if the recoil impulse of x25 Tok is comparable to the other 3. Anyone know for sure?)

Let's try not to derail this thread too much, there is a lot of other information on this forum about the nuances of firearms regulations. We will be lucky if the TNW ASR classifies as non restricted, if you want a restricted firearm there are a lot of better options already on the market. I don't see the application for a restricted ASR when it would be competing directly with firearms like the CX4, USC, AR, XCR Pistol, Famae etc. Most people want to convert these to NR and not the other way around.
    - Facta Non Verba -

I would be interested to know how this works too.
    - Facta Non Verba -

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    At about 3 minutes in the video, he mentions the bolt and carrier, but at about 3;15 it looks like one big honking bolt.
    My idea of a clever quick swap system would be one bolt with several swap-able head inserts, cut to fit
    9x19, 40S&W, 45ACP,
    and perhaps even 7.62x25 Tok
    https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...2280-rd-crate/
    (I'm not sure if the recoil impulse of x25 Tok is comparable to the other 3. Anyone know for sure?)
    Guess you should sue JR then cause they must have stolen your idea ! :D
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.