Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Everyone should buy ammo from Custom Reloading

Everyone should buy ammo from Custom Reloading

I have run through thousands of rounds of their 45acp and 9mm. Also working my way through some of their 44mag and 45 Long Colt. So far, have only had a problem with 1 round - a 44mag. Primer was not fully seated and would not allow the cylinder in my super Blackhawk to rotate.

Otherwise excellent quality products at great prices. I buy most of my pistol caliber ammo from them.
    Last edited by VanMan; 02-11-2013 at 05:08 PM.
    Too many toys, too little time ...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fortis risk View Post
    I'm interested, but I'm a little nervous about Quality Control. Has anyone had any negative experiences with this reloaded ammo?

If a person has had a bad experience and dosen't want to broadcast it please PM me. I am just wondering from a safety point of view.
    Thanks
    I was a bit nervous at first and bought only 500 rounds..... 3000 rounds later, still using their reloads..... no issues with their reloads.

CGN frequent flyer OccasionallyOnTarget's Avatar
    Interesting.

40 S&W ammo "From .40 cents a shot to .32 cents a shot.." ($400 to $320 per case) for reloads is not all that great.
    In fact I can find factory ammo for a lower price in the GTA ,no shipping though.

Those are decent looking prices. May end up getting some .45ACP next time I head down there.

I just received my first shipment from them.No one locally has bulk bullets and I needed some 357 brass for my new baby. Excellent guys to do business with. Will definitely be purchasing from them again.
    CSSA Member
    NFA Member
    OFHA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    I've dealt with John for years, always practical, fair, and flawless reloads.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Great for reloading supplies. Only minor appointment (if you can call it that) was picked up over a grand of supplies early last Dec just before their XMas sale. Their prices are hard to beat, stock up, then laugh at the ammo shortage.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Outcast's Avatar
    One stop from 100 acres with a house in the middle
    Funny reading this thread because I've been on the fence regarding updating my reloading press and gear. Looking attheir prices of $117 per 500 rounds of 9mm, I am having a hard time making the decision to invest in more reloading gear when the savings are not that big when looking at 9mm.

So I can pick up 1000 rounds of reloaded 9mm for $234... taxes $28.08...shipping roughly $20.00 so my all in on 1000 rounds is $282.08

No if I want to relaod 9mm
    $99 for 1000 Berry bullets
    $40 for 1000 primers
    $40 for a 1lb opf powder
    $181...taxes $21.72...shipping say $20.00 so my all in is $222.72

So my savings over 1000 rounds is $59.36...over 5000 rounds thats a difference of $296.80

So factoring in my upgraded press and gear of around $800 its going to take roughly 3 years to pay itself off...just the gear...and I'm still sitting in front of the press using up my time. I'm thinking for 5000 rounds a year my time reloading is worth more then $300.

Now with my son wanting to get into the game the cost is going to go up...so I'm really on the fence here. It would be nice to just order up 5000 rounds of quality 9mm reloaded ammo...Damn I'm seriously over thinking this...
    Last edited by Outcast; 02-14-2013 at 12:10 AM.

I was fighting the same thing when I started to order from these guys. And at their prices, Im not sure if I will reload 9mm, but still nice to be set up for others.(if you shoot other calibers) Great ammo from these guys, and always great to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    Funny reading this thread because I've been on the fence regarding updating my reloading press and gear. Looking attheir prices of $117 per 500 rounds of 9mm, I am having a hard time making the decision to invest in more reloading gear when the savings are not that big when looking at 9mm.

So I can pick up 1000 rounds of reloaded 9mm for $234... taxes $28.08...shipping roughly $20.00 so my all in on 1000 rounds is $282.08

No if I want to relaod 9mm
    $99 for 1000 Berry bullets
    $40 for 1000 primers
    $40 for a 1lb opf powder
    $181...taxes $21.72...shipping say $20.00 so my all in is $222.72

So my savings over 1000 rounds is $59.36...over 5000 rounds thats a difference of $296.80

So factoring in my upgraded press and gear of around $800 its going to take roughly 3 years to pay itself off...just the gear...and I'm still sitting in front of the press using up my time. I'm thinking for 5000 rounds a year my time reloading is worth more then $300.

Now with my son wanting to get into the game the cost is going to go up...so I'm really on the fence here. It would be nice to just order up 5000 rounds of quality 9mm reloaded ammo...Damn I'm seriously over thinking this...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast