Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: TNW Aero Survival Rifle

I called the distributor today, there are here already but not able to release yet. So I called the chief firearms officer but they were less than helpful, said it's up Ottawa and they are extremely busy.

Any word?
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -Ben Franklin
    One cannot successfully legislate an object to control an action. QuickDraw16

Hey man, why you on there case soooo bad? its only been nine months!

Yah they got a pack lot with 3 barrell and and back pack for 1200 I want I want!

CGN Regular
    There is another thread here on CGN kicking around about the TSR. Someone posted that it was already classed as restricted. I have yet to find any solid info on whether it has been officially classed. Glad to hear there are others still interested. I have been waiting for years...
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Diversity is Strength

I take it that's a no...
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -Ben Franklin
    One cannot successfully legislate an object to control an action. QuickDraw16

I just love it whenever a manufacturer calls something a "compact survival rifle" and doesn't provide iron sights with it... because it's kind of like a racing car coming out of the customs shop with an engine of a Pinto: looks good in theory, but is useless in practice.

"The rifle comes apart easily and can fit in your backpack". Great!... but unfortunately you need another backpack (or a LARGE backpack to begin with) for the scope or red dot system you also need to carry, else the rifle will have as much accuracy as throwing stones at your target. Extra weight and bulk is also a concern, because a survival kit, by definition, has to be small enough to be carried around everywhere and not be cumbersome - otherwise, people will just leave it at the cabin or in the truck, then get stranded in the woods with no survival tools. Even the AR-7 (designed in the 70's) has basic iron sights built into it. They're maybe crude, but are there nevertheless for "survival" situations... and they work!

Also, what happens if your "chopper" falls out of the sky and your scope or red dot gets shattered in the process of the crash landing? No more aiming your bullets, I guess... sounds like a fun survival challenge indeed!

(I realize you can go out and buy flip sights to put on the rail for this thing, but those should already be implemented into the design. This thing is a fail as far as its' out of the box "survival capability" is concerned.)
    Last edited by 762mm; 12-14-2014 at 09:37 PM.
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

CGN frequent flyer TheManInBlack's Avatar
    They're called flip up sights. Same ones.i have on me sub 2000
    隱藏在自圓其說

Quote Originally Posted by 762mm View Post
    I just love it whenever a manufacturer calls something a "compact survival rifle" and doesn't provide iron sights with it... because it's kind of like a racing car coming out of the customs shop with an engine of a Pinto: looks good in theory, but is useless in practice.

"The rifle comes apart easily and can fit in your backpack". Great!... but unfortunately you need another backpack (or a LARGE backpack to begin with) for the scope or red dot system you also need to carry, else the rifle will have as much accuracy as throwing stones at your target. Extra weight and bulk is also a concern, because a survival kit, by definition, has to be small enough to be carried around everywhere and not be cumbersome - otherwise, people will just leave it at the cabin or in the truck, then get stranded in the woods with no survival tools. Even the AR-7 (designed in the 70's) has basic iron sights built into it. They're maybe crude, but are there nevertheless for "survival" situations... and they work!

Also, what happens if your "chopper" falls out of the sky and your scope or red dot gets shattered in the process of the crash landing? No more aiming your bullets, I guess... sounds like a fun survival challenge indeed!

(I realize you can go out and buy flip sights to put on the rail for this thing, but those should already be implemented into the design. This thing is a fail as far as its' out of the box "survival capability" is concerned.)
    I believe it comes with iron sights standard...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by armeddodge View Post
    Yah they got a pack lot with 3 barrell and and back pack for 1200 I want I want!

Who is it that has the back pack combo kit for sale?
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Diversity is Strength