Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ISSC Mk22 12" Commando Barrel?

Yes.. I believe you can shorten the barrel all the way to 4.2 inchs as long as OAL is 26 inchs

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by skip1600 View Post
    You are incorrect . I've personally talked to the RCMP about this and was told a threaded muzzle device that is on tight is fine and adds to OAL but NOT barrel length
    Cool, I'll take the word of the man who identified himself as "Chief Firearms Technologist, in the Specialized Firearms Support Services which is the technical authority in the subject area of assigning the applicable legal class to all firearms, devices and prohibited ammunition." who says otherwise.

Yes.. I believe you can shorten the barrel all the way to 4.2 inchs as long as OAL is 26 inchs
    Furthermore continue with the legal advice, because chopping barrels below 18" definitely does not make you a possessor of a prohibited firearms at allllll....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    Lol that would be a funky looking gun! Now do we need to have the rifle inspected afterwards to verify its classification?
    CCFR/NFA

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by drift1122 View Post
    Lol that would be a funky looking gun! Now do we need to have the rifle inspected afterwards to verify its classification?
    Only if you want to get crucified in court, absolutely in no way should you cut your barrel below 457mm.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyn View Post
    Only if you want to get crucified in court, absolutely in no way should you cut your barrel below 457mm.
    Ok well I wouldn't want that...
    CCFR/NFA

I guess I worded it poorly. A manufactured barrel of 4.2 inchs or greater can be installed on the firearm.. But you can't take a hack saw to it.

And you can listen to who ever you want.. But as said I've confirmed it with the RCMP.. Pretty simple when you think of it ... You know overall length... Like total length of the firearm... Everything included.

CGN Regular
    You can have a gunsmith make you a shorty barrel from a blank, but chopping your existing bbl is a no no. That's why you can swap all sorts of short bbl's on 10/22's and 870's, but if you were to chop the barrel below 18", it becomes 100% prohib. Doesn't make the most sense, but unfortunately it's our laws.

CGN Regular
    I guess I worded it poorly. A manufactured barrel of 4.2 inchs or greater can be installed on the firearm.. But you can't take a hack saw to it.

And you can listen to who ever you want.. But as said I've confirmed it with the RCMP.. Pretty simple when you think of it ... You know overall length... Like total length of the firearm... Everything included.
    That's fine, I'm just stressing to anyone who wants to listen, that I have a written document from the guy who is in charge of classifying firearms at the RCMP, that it does not count. I'm not saying it makes sense, I didn't like that answer, I'm just saying for the sake of fractions of an inch in OAL, that I would much rather be on the safe side, than to liquidate my assets trying to argue against them in court.

That being said, I'd definitely be interested in a 12" version.
    Last edited by Fyn; 02-14-2013 at 12:35 AM.

CGN frequent flyer angryeyebrows's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyn View Post
    That's fine, I'm just stressing to anyone who wants to listen, that I have a written document from the guy who is in charge of classifying firearms at the RCMP, that it does not count. I'm not saying it makes sense, I didn't like that answer, I'm just saying for the sake of fractions of an inch in OAL, that I would much rather be on the safe side, than to liquidate my assets trying to argue against them in court.
    Post it. I'm sure others would like to see your proof. What seems odd to me is that something as easily removable as a stock counts towards overall length but a muzzle device doesn't? I know when specifically dealing with barrel length any muzzle accessories do not count unless they are machined as part of the barrel. As far as I understand, the overall length of a firearm is just that, the length the firearm when it is fully assembled and ready to shoot, after collapsing or folding the stock, if applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by angryeyebrows View Post
    Post it. I'm sure others would like to see your proof. What seems odd to me is that something as easily removable as a stock counts towards overall length but a muzzle device doesn't? I know when specifically dealing with barrel length any muzzle accessories do not count unless they are machined as part of the barrel. As far as I understand, the overall length of a firearm is just that, the length the firearm when it is fully assembled and ready to shoot, after collapsing or folding the stock, if applicable.
    Ya no kidding, post it. I've never heard about what you are talking about, and without posting your "proof" you sound a bit blow-hard-ish calling out other guys and acting like a demi-god. If you post it you won't come off as an arrogant.... you know.

On the note of the 12" issc i would like one if the reliability issues from the first batches are fully straightened out.
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast