Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 .22LR Conversion kit. SALE SPECIAL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    ^^^^

X2 on that John. I plan on buying 2 kits of these in the very near future.

Branden
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick911 View Post
    Too expensive for what it is IMO.

At 350$ for the whole thing i'd consider. 450$ is pusing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Our retail price is determined by our cost, we have no move to move on these, there is a lot of machining, you are getting good value for money, but they are expensive, I do agree with you. We very nearly didn't import any due to the cost, it will be interesting to see how these sell and that will determine future availability. We are looking for user feedback, the one I tested her worked really good.

Consider that a CMMG conversion kit for an AR-15 is $300 and doesn't include a barrel sleeve. Sounds pretty reasonably priced to me since it seems like a lot more machining and material is in the CZ kit.

Also consider factoring in the savings in ammo; a crate of 7.62x39 is $280 before shipping and taxes for 1400 rounds (Marstar). You shoot 1400 rounds of .22LR for about $90.

Do I wish the kit were cheaper? Absolutely. But Wolverine still needs to make some semblance of a profit.

To put it simply a conversion kit allows you to pull that trigger a lot more.

Wolverine, thanks for bringing these in!
    Last edited by homer76; 02-04-2013 at 06:39 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LuckyLuc82's Avatar
    I was the first to order now I just need to buy an 858

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    I will order one in the morning and get them to send it out as soon as possible. I will do a range report on it as soon as it arrives and let you guys know how it is. I have about a dozen different types of .22LR so I will try them all and see if it likes one brand over another. An SR22 is $550.00 and you can't shoot 7.62x39 out of it, so I think the price is reasonable.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    I will order one in the morning and get them to send it out as soon as possible. I will do a range report on it as soon as it arrives and let you guys know how it is. I have about a dozen different types of .22LR so I will try them all and see if it likes one brand over another. An SR22 is $550.00 and you can't shoot 7.62x39 out of it, so I think the price is reasonable.
    A range report with pics would be awesome. Thanks in advance
    Too many toys, too little time ...

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    Very true. Please try it out with some of the more inexpensive types of ammo you can pick up at Canadian Tire and Walmart.

I couldn't find the answer to a question I just thought of:

Does the rifle still use the piston driven gas system to work the action or is it simply blow back with the conversion kit added? If it is blow back I'm thinking of making my own plug for the gas tube. I know using .22LR in my AR is pretty filthy and the CZ design would lend itself easier to a plug.
    Last edited by homer76; 02-04-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by homer76 View Post
    Very true. Please try it out with some of the more inexpensive types of ammo you can pick up at Canadian Tire and Walmart.
    Do not expect good results with crappy ammo! I highly recommend high velocity, copper wash rounds, it is still cheap shooting. Keep her well lubed as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    I have some Stingers, velocitors, segmented, mini mags, yellow jackets, thunderbolts, federal, american eagle and various bulk ammo. I just stocked up on the good stuff at $60.00 a brick while they were still avaliable.
    Last edited by FreedomIsn'tFree; 02-04-2013 at 07:20 PM.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick911 View Post
    Too expensive for what it is IMO.

At 350$ for the whole thing i'd consider. 450$ is pusing it.
    Yikes, I can't justify that and add shipping/tax = ~500ish. Over 60% cost of the original gun. But, I would like to see how they look installed and maybe a video of them firing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rdelliott's Avatar
    Standing by for range reports...
    Member, Team Norinco Plinko. Will spot for beers.

This post is copyright (c) rdelliott. My express written permission is required for any reproduction or use other than discussions on canadiangunnutz.com.