Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Barrett .50 Cal's are available in Canada!

My god what I wouldn't give to get my hands on an M82, just for a day even. Hell, I wish I could afford one of these! :D

Mitch
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."- General George Patton Jr, NFA, CSSA and NRA Member

All I want for Christmas is...... oh well **** a Barrett 99 Rifle System, .50 BMG 29" Fluted Barrel $4399.00
    Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night
    because rough men stand ready
    to do violence on their behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by skoal View Post
    Becouse its the first time you can get a barret.
    It's not the first time, as they were available before the export restriction. It's just been a really long...long...time.

edit: just saw these are NR? good lord this 'addicition' will leave me broke constantly!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sixty9santa's Avatar
    Is the M107 good to go?
    Or is it directly linked to the M82 and thus prohib?
    "Genius begins great works, but labor alone finishes them." Joseph Joubert

To all with TDS: Trump for Prime Minister!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KNO3- View Post
    Oh man, want one so bad...would it be weird to buy a box of .50 just to have them even though ill probably never own this? Might just take them out and look at them once in awhile.
    ive been tempted to do this myself!

DSP-83 needed?
    Yep, it's like that.....

Quote Originally Posted by A&Shuntr View Post
    Club, don't you love it when we are our own worst enemy?
    Dont be so fast to through them under the bus,your range has to be certified to shoot 50 bmg, it has to do with how far behind the range the "safe area" goes. in the application process you use a template on a map that shows the required safe area for specific calibers. the last three classes are 308,338 and 50 cal

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r...3.html#docCont

5. The operator of an approved shooting range shall ensure that the discharge of firearms on the shooting range does not endanger the safety of persons at the shooting range or in the portion of the surrounding area described in paragraph 3(2)(a), by taking appropriate measures, including ensuring that
    (a) the design and operation of the shooting range
    (i) is such that projectiles discharged from firearms will not leave the shooting range if they are discharged there in accordance with the safety rules, and
    (ii) promotes the safety of all persons on the shooting range, including by accommodating any adaptation that may be appropriate given the nature of the shooting activities that may take place and the type and caliber of firearms that may be used there;

omg.... i want one too. hey looking at the pics and specs of that weapon. after looking at the oversized ejection port there i wonder if you (me) could operate the rifle fine shooting left???? would it screw up your cheek weld?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf300H&H View Post
    omg.... i want one too. hey looking at the pics and specs of that weapon. after looking at the oversized ejection port there i wonder if you (me) could operate the rifle fine shooting left???? would it screw up your cheek weld?
    After one or two rounds shooting that left handed you would have no left cheek left to worry about, it would be sliced and likely grilled, and possibly "welded" permanently to the bolt / port.

Not a southpaw-friendly rifle at all.