Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Barrett .50 Cal's are available in Canada!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS AND NEVER FORGET THE FALLEN
    Member of CCFR. ARE YOU!!

I think my first born child is a fair down payment.......

Non-restricted or does it get the AR-15 treatment? If so, owning one of these will be on my bucket list (even though I'm only 26 years old).
    CCFR, CSSA, NFA

Quote Originally Posted by jlagman View Post
    Non-restricted or does it get the AR-15 treatment? If so, owning one of these will be on my bucket list (even though I'm only 26 years old).
    Non restricted.

Just asked my brother if he wants to go halves on this... Not that we need it for anything. I want it just so we can piss off some anti-gunners and gun-grabbers by legally owning a "full-auto plane-killing heat-seeking WWII-Pacific-Campaign-ending only-the-police-and-the-military-need-those bolt action assault rifle".

Non-restricted? Even better.
    "All they now possess is liberty, what they before enjoyed is sacrificed to its service, and having nothing more to lose, they disdain submission." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776

Liberal promise, a first rate oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    After one or two rounds shooting that left handed you would have no left cheek left to worry about, it would be sliced and likely grilled, and possibly "welded" permanently to the bolt / port.

Not a southpaw-friendly rifle at all.
    ok copy that. thought so. oh no, was looking for one of my friends to split it with me.LOL.oh well .

actually just went to barretts web site-FAQ and some other google things. said the type 99 was the only one that could be fired multi - handed. hope is restored. now who wants to split one with me ? im in central alberta.

could just have the scope situated a bit further back and have obviously a good scope with a tad more eye relief or one with really good eye relief.

i wonder if they will be getting the 416 s in as well? what do you guys think 50 or 416? i heard the 416s are actually better ballistic wise....probably less anti material wise....

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf300H&H View Post
    ok copy that. thought so. oh no, was looking for one of my friends to split it with me.LOL.oh well .
    After posting I watched a video where the guy (Ammosmith) shoots one, left handed, from a bench, using the bipod and sandbags under the buttstock.

It is hard to tell where his cheek is in relation to the ejection port because the part of the video where he shoots it is viewed from the left side of the rifle.

He fires two or three rounds, and despite what I posted there is no noticeable damage to his face.

But looking at the rifle from the right side it still looks like a good way to slice and grill yourself.

Snapshot

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Explain. Some gas vent? Bolt action - what's the problem?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Anybody have a link to some form of range report with the M99? Even better would be a comparison to the HS-50 in terms of accuracy, performance etc.
    CCFR Member
    www.firearmrights.ca

NFA Member
    https://nfa.ca/