Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Barrett .50 Cal's are available in Canada!

I still cannot believe it got prohibited! Non restricted all the way! I always wanted a cool looking 50 cal rifle. Never did back in the day due to price. If it ever becomes non-restricted, I'll consider buying something like that.

Hope one day we could get this nonsense reversed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Far North View Post
    I would say poor bastards that have had theirs locked away for the last 2+ years.
    Yeah, taking one out to shoot it, knowing that it would be confiscated on sight, if caught using it, sorta takes some of the enjoyment out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumlin View Post
    Dear Santa,
    Dear time machine

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sulisa's Avatar
    Yeah, this thread aged poorly

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Since the ban I've been toying with getting a 50 BMG rifle "lookalike" built. Some cartridge in 50 caliber but just under 10K joules. Something like a 50 Jeffery but chambered to use spitzer bullets instead of the usual blunt safari style bullets. It wouldn't make much sense except to still be able to shoot a 50 caliber, but that's ok. Something based on more common brass would be nice though. I think the RUM cases can just fit a 50 caliber although you may have to headspace on the mouth of the case.

If I was a cartridge designer I'd already have one built- but I'm not, so I just revisit the idea every now and then.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Man i wish i had my gun license on that time 2011 or 2010. I will buy this gun right away. Cuz i played battlefield bad company 2 on ps3 so much you have no idea. And I always play sniper with this gun. Cmon me trudeou plz put this gun into non restricted. Plz

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Since the ban I've been toying with getting a 50 BMG rifle "lookalike" built. Some cartridge in 50 caliber but just under 10K joules. Something like a 50 Jeffery but chambered to use spitzer bullets instead of the usual blunt safari style bullets. It wouldn't make much sense except to still be able to shoot a 50 caliber, but that's ok. Something based on more common brass would be nice though. I think the RUM cases can just fit a 50 caliber although you may have to headspace on the mouth of the case.

If I was a cartridge designer I'd already have one built- but I'm not, so I just revisit the idea every now and then.
    How about the 378 wby case? Then you could use the belt.

Or just shorten a bmg case to reduce capacity…..then you could use your existing brass

CGN Regular
    50 BMG with 10 inch barrel is sub 10k J

CGN Regular
    It would be easier to do a quick Google search then to bump a nearly ten year old thread.