Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: le baron's in mississauga

CGN Regular
    > No first hand knowledge, but a buddy told me LeBaron is still using the CFO log books to record all your info.

I bought a gun there. Its not the CFO 'official' log books, but yes, they will record which PAL bought which gun. They dont send that information anywhere, but I'm guessing they keep the records forever.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    They even record your PAL when you buy ammo from them. Is that normal?

Yes, that is one of the CFO directives here in Ontario.
    Proud member CCFR, CSSA, NRA, GRGC

Lebarron Montreal has been in the city for as long as I remember and for as long as I remember staff have acted as if they are doing me a favor which is why when Internet based business came out I stopped going there. However on occasion when I need an urgent supply of ammo or certain camping gear I would visit them only to swear not to go there again but I still do for some reason for urgent quick buys as they are one of the few brick and morter stores that have stocks.

Edit if an Internet shop could guarantee overnight shipment on ammo and gear I would probably never visit Lebarron for anything ever again

BANNED
    Toronto, Capital of the workers paradise!
    Sail is opening a store in Etobicoke near Lebaron's Mississauga. I have found that the staff at Sail Vaughan is friendly and helpful.

CGN frequent flyer
    I've shopped at Lebarons for a long time - all the way back to when they had a store on Yonge St. in Willowdale, 30 years ago. Nowadays I shop frequently at the Markham store, not just for guns, most of my outdoors stuff as well. I've bought 2 guns from them in the last year. I have to say I've always been treated well there. By now, I know some of the staff pretty well - sometimes if I'm waiting in line at the cash or something, one of the guys will just come over & chat for a bit, just sayin' 'hi' & stuff.

'Two Thumbs Up' from me, for sure.

I bought an SKS from lebaron because it was 179.99 and more everywhere else I checked. I happened to be in the area and stumbled upon that price. The sales staff was helpful and let me pick out a rifle. He actually had them packaged in boxes and took one about 4 out for me cosmo and all. They logged everything at that time but ironically the salesperson was totally against it. He said he had to do it. He logged the info in 2 books so my guess is one is the CFO book, but this was earlier this year with the backdoor registry in full swing.

Coincidently I find lebaron much better than the condescending looks you get at al simmons in hamilton but there are better places to shop.

Sail burlington is great for service and price if you are looking for a hunting firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by gfuschino View Post
    hey all was wondering if anyone does much shopping here. it seams everytime i go i get bad service i am 30 years old and feel like i get treated like a teenager. i was wondering if any one bought an sks from here and how was it?
    Westrifle has a new shipment of non refurbished unissued SKSs, check it out
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ed-Russian-SKS

Thumbs down

Lebarons in Mississauga is a horrible place to shop for guns, I would avoid it like a plague. Staff is unfriendly/hostile, hard to deal with and almost everyone who visits that place at one point or another, leaves with sour experience.

My two cents.

I guess because I live close to the store and frequent it often enough some of the staff know me and I find my service is good. Only complaint is that the Mississauga store does not always have items in stock.

What the running joke, LeBarons is French for not in stock!

I usually buy enough items in the year to warrant getting a membership which saves me 10% so that's a good thing. Overall I'm happy with them. I usually get ask for service as soon as I walk through the doors, might come from the fact that they know I'm looking for something specific and not window shopping.
    Run it until it's empty.
    Wanted list: Wby Lazermark 340 WM, Winchester Featherweight SS 270 Win, Wby Accumark 257 WM, Ruger #1 International 257 Rob or 7x57, S&W M&P Pro range kit 9mm, Baikal 380 ACP single stack and Walther P22 SS Sport.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast