Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: le baron's in mississauga

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 300Spartans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingrodeo View Post
    I have been buying from Lebaron Mississauga since last year because its way cheaper than basspro + you get 10% discount if you get the membership... I find the old man at the gun area very friendly and he is always giving you the best advices for what to buy so you spend and buy what you really need
    I don't talk to anyone else so I can only comment on the older guy which is very nice to everyone. he is a little short and looks kind of Hispanic but cant tell for sure because he speaks English without an accent
    I highly recommend you t speak to him before you purchase anything. you wont regret it
    Lebaron's sucks. I don't shop there.
    Liberals really like POOR people, they're making more of them every day. --- Bearhunter (with permission)

I work around the corner from that store and try and go there every other month or so. Never had any troubles and there prices are pretty decent. I am also in my 30's and am never treated as a child.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer The_Sicilian's Avatar
    Strong first post.. a 2 yr necro special
    CCFR Member

I know it's an old post but might as well give my 2 cents. I dealt with both Mississauga and Markham location. Got my Ruger 10/22 50th annuversiry from Mississauga when they had their sale $430 tax in), I also wanted some .22Lr and they didn't had it in stock, I stopped at Markhamd location one day and they didn't have any .22LR, told the lady at the cash about me buying the 10/22 and having no ammo, she took my name and number, few days later I got a call that they got new shipment of .22 and asked how many I want, she put aside 6 boxes for me, I couldn't pick them up that week, when I dropped by over a week later they had the ammo set a side for me with my name on the bag. All in all I got great service

BANNED
    Nothing new about untrained, ill mannered, underpaid, clerks in Le Baron's. It's been like that since they were one small store on Young Street, as I recall.
    They pay the clerks minimum wage with no benefits and do not train 'em to do anything. Just like every other retail chain.
    They advertise stuff they don't have and cannot get. They had the Ruger XGI in their catalogue for 2 years after Ruger announced they were not going to make it.
    When HP handgun ammo was considered evil, I asked for HBWC .38 ammo and got the spiel about HP's being illegal. I politely said I didn't say HP anything and the spiel was repeated. Before I exploded, another customer wisely said ammo was at the gun counter. Wouldn't give me a better price on the demo GP 100 I bought from 'em either. Clearly a bit worn from people playing with it too. If you don't like one shop, go elsewhere.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cyclone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post

Nothing new about untrained, ill mannered, underpaid, clerks in Le Baron's. It's been like that since they were one small store on Young Street, as I recall.
    They pay the clerks minimum wage with no benefits and do not train 'em to do anything. Just like every other retail chain.
    They advertise stuff they don't have and cannot get. They had the Ruger XGI in their catalogue for 2 years after Ruger announced they were not going to make it.
    When HP handgun ammo was considered evil, I asked for HBWC .38 ammo and got the spiel about HP's being illegal. I politely said I didn't say HP anything and the spiel was repeated. Before I exploded, another customer wisely said ammo was at the gun counter. Wouldn't give me a better price on the demo GP 100 I bought from 'em either. Clearly a bit worn from people playing with it too. If you don't like one shop, go elsewhere.

Respectfully, it sounds as though you've never been to the one in Markham, which I've found to be fantastic.
    But there is only one person that I see on CGN as being truly despicable by every ethical and moral standards and worse: to be dangerous to the community itself, and that's Cyclone the subversive.

I find the prices pretty good. I stop at the one in Markham every month or so. The only thing that annoys me is that they can only get what is in the catalogue. I wanted a few choke tubes for the 870 I bought there and they wouldn't even try. I was told this is what we have and that's all we can get.... I was not in a hurry or price shopping. I stopped at Ellwood Epps and they told me if they choke tube ever made and told me if they didn't have it they could order it. I try to be a loyal customer but some places make it hard. I work 5 minutes from Lebaron.

The Lebaron's in Mississauga is good for some things, and the staff are polite and somewhat knowledgeable, but I find they often don't have what I'm looking for in stock. At Basspro they have lots of stock but their customer service is horrible - I had one person in the ammo aisle see me coming and hide to avoid serving me. I don't think I look that scary.....

Nothing but good things to say about Al Simmons or Ellwood Epps.

Quote Originally Posted by gfuschino View Post
    hey all was wondering if anyone does much shopping here. it seams everytime i go i get bad service i am 30 years old and feel like i get treated like a teenager. i was wondering if any one bought an sks from here and how was it?
    I have always had fantastic luck and great service there, I have to say. Except for the time that I drove out on a Sunday. It was closed, as it is on every Sunday.
    "Rights are not a matter of numbers - and there can be no such thing, in law or in morality, as actions forbidden to an individual, but permitted to a mob." - Ayn Rand
    CSSA - ... - OFAH

i went to the store to get a scope for my sons excaliber x bow .. they tried to sell me a scope what was completely wrong for the job years ago it was a great place to buy guns cheap now all they want to do is sell sell sell its like the canadian tire of sporting goods

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast