Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: le baron's in mississauga

le baron's in mississauga

hey all was wondering if anyone does much shopping here. it seams everytime i go i get bad service i am 30 years old and feel like i get treated like a teenager. i was wondering if any one bought an sks from here and how was it?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'ts part of the LeBarons experience.
    Come for the often decent prices. Leave because they treat you like s##t.

That should be the LeBaron's slogan.

Go to Al Flaherty... much better shopping experience usually, and their prices are competitive.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

I always hear people complaining about lebaron tbh i've never had a bad experience there, they always have my ammo, the one time i went in to check out an sks the guy had no problem talking my ear off at 10 in the morning and I purchased an 870 from there, different guy, older man, good experience, minus having to register the gun at the back, go to the front pay, return to the back, take the gun to the front and check out... little bit weird but aside from that yeah always had a good overall experience.

Haven't been to al flaherty though, that store is close to downtown isn't it? or am i mistaken?

and to the OP they sell the russian sks (best 1 imo) so it'd be the same as anywhere else

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Flaherty web site is showing :

CCCP SKS Rifle 7.62x39 for $220
    they also sell the Mosin Nagant

The store is in midtown, not quite downtown, but traffic is usually bad getting there. I'd be there more often if traffic wasn't so lousy in Toronto at all times.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

Picked up my first rifle there, a .22 semi, about a year ago. I'm same age, talked to an old guy who knew about the rifle I wanted and told me how to break it in properly. Pleasant experience & would shop there again but it's quite far away from me.

every time i have been i was treated seconed rate. i tried to buy my 870 and they say they had non in stock ok. so i left my name and contact info 4 month later i returned with a friend so he can pic up some rounds. i ask about the 870 they say they had them in stock for 2 months yet i never got a call. i have been to the one in markaum and the people there are much better. i was looking throught there gun shop they had the 870 the man walked me though take down and cleaning and even gave me the cataloge for free the man was a great help. just for some reason the mississauga location. to be honest it does not matter which department fishing hunting camping or guns there attuitde always seams to look down on people.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    No first hand knowledge, but a buddy told me LeBaron is still using the CFO log books to record all your info.

He pointed out to them the law says they no longer have to do that.

They said: "We don't care what the law says. We are going to keep recording everything to "cover our ass."

They do have great prices , but I'd rather go to a different retailer, pay a little more and know none of my personal info has been recorded.
    Member: CSSA

What am I thinking........? If I wanted you to know, I'd be talking!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by soulchaser View Post
    No first hand knowledge, but a buddy told me LeBaron is still using the CFO log books to record all your info.

He pointed out to them the law says they no longer have to do that.

They said: "We don't care what the law says. We are going to keep recording everything to "cover our ass."

They do have great prices , but I'd rather go to a different retailer, pay a little more and know none of my personal info has been recorded.

Mr. Wolverine had a good post on this subject- he acknowledged that his store recorded info for firearms sales. It was his 'due diligence'. I'm paraphrasing- couldn't find the thread when I checked quickly.

So, it's not just Lebaron's. At least one of our revered site sponsors does it.

That being said, wish the Markham location was closer to me. Mississauga's other depts. are okay, but the firearms folks are frequently frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by gfuschino View Post
    hey all was wondering if anyone does much shopping here. it seams everytime i go i get bad service i am 30 years old and feel like i get treated like a teenager. i was wondering if any one bought an sks from here and how was it?
    the staff does not even talk to me there or ask if i need help. It's like when i was younger and I would walk into a car dealership and nobody would come speak to me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by nntw View Post
    Mr. Wolverine had a good post on this subject- he acknowledged that his store recorded info for firearms sales. It was his 'due diligence'. I'm paraphrasing- couldn't find the thread when I checked quickly.

So, it's not just Lebaron's. At least one of our revered site sponsors does it.

That being said, wish the Markham location was closer to me. Mississauga's other depts. are okay, but the firearms folks are frequently frustrating.

More than one, maybe even most, of the site sponsors will still want detailed personal info. I think we have to respect the decision of sellers about how they want to deal with this issue. We don't need to attack them (no one was doing that here, just saying...). That being said, as a matter of principle, I cancelled one purchase because a store informed me that they kept detailed records. All things being equal, or even if it meant a longer drive or a few bucks more, I would buy from the store that believes and participates in the spirit of freedom that C-19 brought - i.e. I show them my PAL, I pay my money, and I walk out of the store with my gun.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast