Thread: rimfire pistols

rimfire pistols

hi all,new to this site,not sure how it works.i am looking for an economical 22LR pistol for plinking.can anyone help?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike Oxbig's Avatar
    One of the best bang for the buck is the Ruger Mark II and III I think they're kinda ugly myself however they are the gun that most others are compared to.
    My personal favourite is the S&W model 41 but it's very pricey.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike Oxbig's Avatar
    One of the best bang for the buck is the Ruger Mark II and III ..I think they're kinda ugly myself however they are the gun that most others are compared to.

Ruger 22/45 lite. Beautiful and cheap

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    I see a High Standard on E.E. for 200 bucks. Best .22 semi's going, IMO

CGN Ultra frequent flyer thehook92a1's Avatar
    Browning Buckmark and welcome to CGN

BANNED
    Buckmark, Ruger, and when your ready a Smith & wesson 41... buy one or all at the same time lol

BANNED
    The High Standards are wonderful guns - the better quality ones are extremely accurate and are often used in bullseye matches. Don't worry about buying extremely old High Standards - you can still get factory parts for most pistols! Two caveats: they are very much designed to work best with CCI standard velocity so if you can't get that near you, I would look into other guns. Also, they cannot handle high velocity rounds. When purchasing, make sure the frame is not cracked near the slide release because that is where the damage from HV rounds shows up.

Happy shooting.

I just picked up a Smith and Wesson .22a1 sport and find it quite fun for economical plinking!
    Enjoy the Sunshine AND be ready for the storm
    It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a Gardener in a war. Pursuing love and beauty and humble work, yet, prepared for battle at a moments notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Oxbig View Post
    One of the best bang for the buck is the Ruger Mark II and III ..I think they're kinda ugly myself however they are the gun that most others are compared to.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you are absolutely spot on, that's why you posted twice the same...

I have a Browning Nomad, very slim and very accurate, I think is was manufactured in the 60's. Actually it's my wife's gun, it fits small hands perfectly.
    My second 22 is a High Standard military match , made in Hamden. Great quality and outstanding accuracy (1 inch 5 shot groups at 25 meters), but not that reliable.
    Now my all time favourite is my Stainless Ruger Mark II, with 5.5 inch bull barrel. While not as accurate as the High Standard, is very reliable with any ammo, and it is accurate enough.
    BTW, I own this Ruger since 25 years, and it still looks and performs like new.