Do Norinco 7.62x39 bullets stick to magnet?

Thread: Do Norinco 7.62x39 bullets stick to magnet?

Tags: None
  1. T-MAC said:

Do Norinco 7.62x39 bullets stick to magnet?

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the Norinco 7.62x39 bullet (not the case) will stick to a magnet. I'd like to order some but my range won't allow steel core ammo. I'm hoping that lead core means it will pass the test.

Thanks
  2. Vigilante said:
    If you are wanting to shoot them at The shooting Edge in Calgary, the answer will be no, you cannot shoot it there. You Can shoot it at The Shooting Center though, or so I am told.
  3. touch157 said:
    Lead or steel core it's the outer jacket that's copper washed steel. I have both and they both stick to a magnet.
  4. MikeHammer said:
    You can shoot it at the Calgary shooting centre
  5. T-MAC said:
    It's an outdoor range and I was told that I can use it as long as the bullet does not stick to the magnet so I guess I'm out of luck

st1264 said:
    Interesting... surplus 7.62x25 and Norinco non corrosive 7.62x39 stick to the magnet, Norinco 45acp does not.

deagle2008 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by touch157 View Post
    Lead or steel core it's the outer jacket that's copper washed steel. I have both and they both stick to a magnet.
    HUH? did you mean the bullets jacket or the cases jacket? because it seems weird if the bullet jacket is steel, it damages the barrel? Soft steel maybe? LOL reason behind the stickiness is the core not the jacket IMO some one shed some light on this with pictures?
    Last edited by deagle2008; 11-20-2012 at 04:16 AM.

Nine said:
    Hmm. This poses some problems for the robot I'm building.

CanAm said:
    bimetal; copper over steel jacket. standard for most x39. same for lead or steel core

Soulfly said:
    I've cut a bullet in half.
    They consist of Lead core and copper coated steel jacket.
    Most indoor ranges won't allow any steel projectile to be fired down range.
    The cases for these are also consist of a steel material.