$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1626282930313233343536

Thread: Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf Magazines 5/10 rounds (update 11-27-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by easysauce View Post
    so where the heck is my refund....
    we we charged or just cc info taken??
    ----------
    ez8
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    They told me a week or 2 ago that the had submitted some mags on there own accord to see what the RCMP verdict was. We will likely hear they are dual use as well if the fact that they are oem mags doesn't save them. In this case I am almost certain a TSE style mutany will be led by those that don't understand the problems lie within our laws, not the retailer traying to cover his ass.
    Cover their ass? They got in a handful of polymer AA mags and that was it...they gave up trying to get more from AA and said so themselves. Myself and dozens of others preordered steel mags from them the day they put up the presale and we have been waiting for almost 18 months. I hate to break it to you but I think what you were told "a week or two ago" was smoke being blown you know where.

Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    Cover their ass? They got in a handful of polymer AA mags and that was it...they gave up trying to get more from AA and said so themselves. Myself and dozens of others preordered steel mags from them the day they put up the presale and we have been waiting for almost 18 months. I hate to break it to you but I think what you were told "a week or two ago" was smoke being blown you know where.
    No I am fairly certain I am correct. What you are missing is that initially they had trouble getting mags due to supply issues. Then it was the big sandy hook scare. Then it was 2 other manufacturers (PCV & NR mag) took turns stirring the RCMP pot, one that went through classifacation and came out as "dual use", and the other was generically branded into kind of a grey area untill recent re-labeling.

I think thier is some truth to Chris' story. It would only make sense.
    No Compromise means take a little, thank the man, then come back for more. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Never go quit, or they will forget. Be noisier then Wendy.
    WTB: CTAR 15" barrel, Ares Armour Effin-A Comp for 5.56

NFACSSA!

Pay to play. I bought an upper and purchased a bunch of other beowulf mags. I'm the proud owner of one badass upper that will be my safe queen one day.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    No I am fairly certain I am correct. What you are missing is that initially they had trouble getting mags due to supply issues. Then it was the big sandy hook scare. Then it was 2 other manufacturers (PCV & NR mag) took turns stirring the RCMP pot, one that went through classifacation and came out as "dual use", and the other was generically branded into kind of a grey area untill recent re-labeling.

I think thier is some truth to Chris' story. It would only make sense.
    I know they had supply issues. Myself and others preordered these mags in November 2012 and knew there was going to be a wait. We were initially told by Armtac, "We are working on other options since the manufacturer are taking forever to fill my order.". And then, "i gave up in asking the ETA from the manufacturer."

To me, it appears that the cya excuse is just that, another excuse. These are legitimate mags, not some grey market question mark...why would anyone need to submit them for RCMP examination?

Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    I know they had supply issues. Myself and others preordered these mags in November 2012 and knew there was going to be a wait. We were initially told by Armtac, "We are working on other options since the manufacturer are taking forever to fill my order.". And then, "i gave up in asking the ETA from the manufacturer."

To me, it appears that the cya excuse is just that, another excuse. These are legitimate mags, not some grey market question mark...why would anyone need to submit them for RCMP examination?
    Do you remember if you were eve charged for the mags on the pre-order? I pre-ordered as well, but its been so long since then I don't remember if my CC was charged for them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTRD View Post
    Do you remember if you were eve charged for the mags on the pre-order? I pre-ordered as well, but its been so long since then I don't remember if my CC was charged for them or not.
    I don't think so but to be honest, it was so long ago I'm not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Armtac View Post

Update (11-25-2012)
    ***There is a lot of rumor going on that we took people's money for the pre-order, we only charged a pre-authorization to your credit card for any back-ordered items. The full amount will be charged when the items are shipped.***
    that is what was charged.
    No drop of water blames itself for the flood

Thanks for finding that.

Any hope of getting some AA .50 Beowulf Mags yet?

Is there a waiting list I can sign up on?