Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: LAR-15 mags and couplers

CGN Regular
    Damn. I just bought mags and the polymer coupler from Questar

Here are different configurations both with angled mags and the straight ones. For the angled mags, you flip the coupler around and install backwards. They do tend to slip apart depending on the type of coupler. I solved this issue using 3" electronic shrink tube...
    "If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems"
    Member: CSSA & the über-powerful CGN Gun Lobby
    كافر

That 3 inch shrink tube is a great idea I'm gonna do that for sure, thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by POLSKAPAT View Post
    Got a question about the installation of the couplers.
    Do you take off the magazines base plate off and replace it with the coupler?
    Or does the base plate stay?
    Yes the base plates had to come off

Quote Originally Posted by andrew3081 View Post
    They have it for sale now on Canadaammo for $24 each I think.
    The metal couplers are $10 each.

I wonder what is the difference between these lar15 and the other grey ones...
    Why are these so slainted?..
    I have the same ones. These will fit 10 rounds no problem AND insert on a closed bolt. I know a few people with the grey ones and they will only hold 9 rounds, and won't insert on a closed bolt. Got mine from canadaammo.com too. Great mags, just don't expect them to be delivered quickly. I took 15 days to get mine.
    You can't fix stupid.

CGN Regular
    hmmm to put those mag couplers on backwards you had to cut your mag in the bottom a little bit right ?

Quote Originally Posted by EvaCorp View Post
    hmmm to put those mag couplers on backwards you had to cut your mag in the bottom a little bit right ?
    Was wondering the same thing. It has a metal piece extending out which appears like it has to be removed before u can slide it on backwards. Can someone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by POLSKAPAT View Post
    I saw a pic somewhere with two angled mags Coupled and they looked find.
    Take the coupler and switch the position the opposite way
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAT View Post
    Was wondering the same thing. It has a metal piece extending out which appears like it has to be removed before u can slide it on backwards. Can someone confirm this?

In for this as well, as I know on my RRA lar15 mags there is only one direction to install the wedge. I have bought a few batches on different occasions & all are the same.

CGN Regular
    i just tried to reverse my new lar mag with coupler, it did not work, the extended piece on the coupler is very easy to sand off, but on the mag it self, one end of the mag extend to sit flush with the rails that the floor plate rides on, effectively disabling the coupler to be inserted from that direction, since the mag is made of steel, a power tool is going to be required

i just tried to reverse my new lar mag with coupler, it did not work, the extended piece on the coupler is very easy to sand off, but on the mag it self, one end of the mag extend to sit flush with the rails that the floor plate rides on, effectively disabling the coupler to be inserted from that direction, since the mag is made of steel, a power tool is going to be required
    Pics of the process would be helpful and appreciated...