Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: LAR-15 mags and couplers

Hi AWOL, can you please make a video of the steps and post it on YouTube? :D
    One gun or more per citizen keep tyranny at bay

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    Hi AWOL, can you please make a video of the steps and post it on YouTube? :D
    Now you're pushing it...

"If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems"
    Member: CSSA & the über-powerful CGN Gun Lobby
    كافر

Wow. I think I should pick up a few of these for the T-97 that I'll be getting this Spring.......

Seriously though, I hope these are still in stock by the time I have enough money to get the 10 pack of mags, couplers and a case of Norinco. If there was a combo deal I suppose I could start chipping my mastercard out of that block of ice I have it in at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by AWOL View Post
    Here are different configurations both with angled mags and the straight ones. For the angled mags, you flip the coupler around and install backwards. They do tend to slip apart depending on the type of coupler. I solved this issue using 3" electronic shrink tube...
    Where did you get the black plastic mag cover?

LAR-15 mags and couplers

I got the mag covers at Al Simmons or Hamilton Tactical I think
    "If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems"
    Member: CSSA & the über-powerful CGN Gun Lobby
    كافر

anyone have a source for some of these couplers now? i'm after a few thx

Quote Originally Posted by marlin1895gs View Post
    anyone have a source for some of these couplers now? i'm after a few thx
    Canadaammo

So I was just wondering, Got my Fruit Bars lol (mags) and couplers from Canadaammo today, 20 days after the online order, (hear this is a decent time) but what I'm wondering is which configuration, from a practical ergonomic point of view is most user friendly? I don't dislike either from a cosmetic stand point.

Config A - This one?

Config B - Or this one?

Thanks in advance.
    IDIC - Infinite diversity from infinite combinations. "I am an alien and so are you and yet somehow we are also part of each other and part of everything that is".
    ~Gene Roddenberry~

I thought Config B is the proper way, and the Config A is when you install it in reverse.

I read here that if you install in backward/reverse (Config A), you have to modify it to keep the mags in place. How are the mags holding up when you install it backward (Config A)?

Due to the angle of the mag, if you want them to look normal, you have to install it backward. However, people said that if you install them backward, they don't stay together.

Please advise.
    One gun or more per citizen keep tyranny at bay

CGN Ultra frequent flyer redddogg69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    I thought Config B is the proper way, and the Config A is when you install it in reverse.

I read here that if you install in backward/reverse (Config A), you have to modify it to keep the mags in place. How are the mags holding up when you install it backward (Config A)?

Due to the angle of the mag, if you want them to look normal, you have to install it backward. However, people said that if you install them backward, they don't stay together.

Please advise.
    Nothing to advise, you laid it out perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    Reddogg have a big iq, like a green plants, and -2 compare to a pitbulls! It is my last post concerning that gentleman,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Hokus Grey View Post
    Sorry for doing whatever I want on the internet. Sometimes you can ask a smart question and still get a stupid answer, life's like that.