Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: LAR-15 mags and couplers

edit- ^ beat me to it... well said

so if I have this correctly, this thread is now for whining about whiners?

ok...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer themikea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AWOL View Post
    This one is more up to date.

- Robinson XCR-L
    - Magpul CTR butt
    - Magpul MBUS
    - Magpul foregrip
    - Magpul pistol grip
    - Eotech 512 Halo sight
    - Magpul 1-2 point sling
    - Tapco rear sling adapter
    That's a really nice XCR!
    Member of NFA, CSSA, CFI, NRA, CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer redddogg69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by freezer filler View Post
    Seems like all you're doing is nit picking and complaining about people complaining.
    Yeah who cares buy stuff that's not what you want and alter it to work. The picture of the couplers on the website is with flat bottom mags. Damn right if I order couplers and mags pictured one way and when I get them they don't work as advertised I'd be pissed. What would you do if you bought a new car and the doors didn't close right without modification?
    Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    Reddogg have a big iq, like a green plants, and -2 compare to a pitbulls! It is my last post concerning that gentleman,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Hokus Grey View Post
    Sorry for doing whatever I want on the internet. Sometimes you can ask a smart question and still get a stupid answer, life's like that.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by POLSKAPAT View Post
    I saw a pic somewhere with two angled mags Coupled and they looked find.
    Take the coupler and switch the position the opposite way
    +1 on flipping it. that looks off

CGN Ultra frequent flyer freezer filler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redddogg69 View Post
    Yeah who cares buy stuff that's not what you want and alter it to work. The picture of the couplers on the website is with flat bottom mags. Damn right if I order couplers and mags pictured one way and when I get them they don't work as advertised I'd be pissed. What would you do if you bought a new car and the doors didn't close right without modification?
    Sorry, is firesout your buddy? You should read his post before you comment about mine...and btw, I was a door fitter at Chrysler for 3 years, it would take me about 2 minutes to adjust 4 doors, the hood and liftgate on a minivan...slightly longer on any other vehicle...lol

In regards to using a black tape to hold the reversed mag coupler, in a minute I thought it was okay, but then again I thought it looks kinda ghetto too. I am a bit turned off with the thought of taping magazines to make it look better. That is just my personal preference. I was going to order a bunch of these mags, but after I realized that they are with angled bottom I changed my mind. I don't know why they company who make them thought that we want angled bottom instead of flat straight.
    One gun or more per citizen keep tyranny at bay

I went through the same process a short while ago and this thread as well. I've tried it both ways with lining up the coupler backwards to give it a more straighter PMAG style vs installing it the correct way which gives more of a AK banana clip style with the angled bottoms. In the end I decided to go with the banana clip style for 2 reasons; it installs the correct way so the set screw keeps the coupler nice and tight (vs. if you install backwards you can't use the set screw so it remains loose and requires heat shrink, tape, etc to keep it together). Second, with it installed this way I can get just enough clearance to use the clips for 10+10 rounds while shooting on a bench rest (difficult to do if the clips were straight/longer).

When I originally saw the pics on this thread I agreed it looked a bit strange with it angled but after installing it on the XCR it doesn't really look all that bad IMHO. To each his own I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    In regards to using a black tape to hold the reversed mag coupler, in a minute I thought it was okay, but then again I thought it looks kinda ghetto too. I am a bit turned off with the thought of taping magazines to make it look better. That is just my personal preference. I was going to order a bunch of these mags, but after I realized that they are with angled bottom I changed my mind. I don't know why they company who make them thought that we want angled bottom instead of flat straight.

I didn't use tape, I used electronic shrink tube. There is no sticky stuff or a seam.
    "If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems"
    Member: CSSA & the über-powerful CGN Gun Lobby
    كافر

thanks for the info......good lookin rifle, but i must admit, i really like how you did up the first one.....cant put my finger on it why i like it but there is something about it, just looks right...nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by AWOL View Post
    This one is more up to date.

- Robinson XCR-L
    - Magpul CTR butt
    - Magpul MBUS
    - Magpul foregrip
    - Magpul pistol grip
    - Eotech 512 Halo sight
    - Magpul 1-2 point sling
    - Tapco rear sling adapter

Quote Originally Posted by apexi View Post
    (vs. if you install backwards you can't use the set screw so it remains loose and requires heat shrink, tape, etc to keep it together)
    Wrong... I use the screws however I had 2 "Macgyver" a retaining metal strip.

"If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems"
    Member: CSSA & the über-powerful CGN Gun Lobby
    كافر