Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: VZ58 in 7.62x51 is possible if there is enough interest.

Less then a grand, down 100%

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by t_102 View Post
    Dear CSA:

There are lots of us trying to jump through hoops and holes to try and get past the mag capacity limit. I can assure you that if your rifle takes a bolt action magazine, namely the AICS 308 mags, you will soon find overwelming sizes of orders for your rifle, along with orders of 20-30 round magazines. It is so simple that I am amazed why no manufacturers are doing this for us yet. Just make it accept AICS mags and you will earn a fortune from the Canadian market.
    I agree COMPLETELY!!!

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Maybe we should start another thread with a poll to measure interest in various calibers/gauges?

I for one am happy to hear there is a company, CSA, that would even consider special runs for the Canadian market. I'm sure others are also impressed and have expressed their interest in other VZ58 variants in your thread instead of starting a new thread.

No one deliberately attempted to hijack/derail this thread.

if this thing took bolt gun magazines, and had a decent setup for top mounted optics....home run.

CGN frequent flyer Sadosubliminal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t_102 View Post
    Dear CSA:

There are lots of us trying to jump through hoops and holes to try and get past the mag capacity limit. I can assure you that if your rifle takes a bolt action magazine, namely the AICS 308 mags, you will soon find overwelming sizes of orders for your rifle, along with orders of 20-30 round magazines. It is so simple that I am amazed why no manufacturers are doing this for us yet. Just make it accept AICS mags and you will earn a fortune from the Canadian market.
    Quoted for truth!!! Make the rifle with the AICS mag in mind. Even though there is no budget for a new firarm in my life, I would find the money. I would borrow the money. I want this rifle.
    You like Loud, Ugly Metal? We do it up right: http://www.deadairrepublic.com

Email sent!!!

Dear CSA,

I see that there are rumors of you guys looking into manufacturing a VZ58 chambered for the 7.62x51 for the Canadian market. As you have probably heard, there are lots of us trying to jump through hoops and holes to try and get past the mag capacity limit. I humbly suggest that if your rifle takes a bolt action magazine (i.e. the AICS 308 mags), you may soon find overwhelming sizes of orders for your rifle, along with orders of 20-30 round magazines. I can imagine it to be as simple as reprogramming your CNC machines to machine the mag-well to accept the AICS mags.

This is something we've always wanted. I hope you could take this into serious consideration and hopefully make it happen for all of us!

Your truthfully,

T
    I hope they really respond and do this for us!
    Can't beat a Commie 20 round 7.62 Nato Battlerifle - at least as a substitute for the FN FAL

IF they made an SBR version that would be great since there aren't many SBRs in 7.62 NATO.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 308TRshooter View Post
    IF they made an SBR version that would be great since there aren't many SBRs in 7.62 NATO.
    Agreed.
    Offer a NR 18.5", which will sell a ton, and a res (or at least until we scrap the res and prohib categories, right?) in a shorter barrel length.
    It's only a matter of shortening the barrel a bit. Don't have to change the gas system, length of the piston , etc.

Do you really think they will scrap the prohib/restricted class?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeschurman View Post
    Do you really think they will scrap the prohib/restricted class?
    Who knows, but for now 18.5 would serve most users fine, and honestly if its CSA the mags will probably be those csa plastix mags which cAme with the .223 rifles, in this case they would be proprietary. Pmags ala ar10 would bet best but obviously the cz platform doesn't lend itself to a magwell very easily so I think g3 mags should be what it uses, they go for. 3 bucks each in the states.

If they could redesign it to work with a single stack mag the AI mags are an interesting possibility, the 20rd one would be enormously long though.
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.