Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: VZ58 in 7.62x51 is possible if there is enough interest.

I'd buy one!

Honestly, having a 20 or 30 round 'bolt action' magazine available for the rifle would probably make the RCMP cringe so let's not get carried away ha ha. I do like the idea of having a hi-cap mag but I'd sooner deal with a 5/20 rounder and have this than have nothing at all - not a deal breaker for me.

Official French Facilitator lucky72's Avatar
    tag with interest.
    EOSC Member
    NRA Life Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by SeamusMac View Post
    Honestly, having a 20 or 30 round 'bolt action' magazine available for the rifle would probably make the RCMP cringe so let's not get carried away ha ha. I do like the idea of having a hi-cap mag but I'd sooner deal with a 5/20 rounder and have this than have nothing at all - not a deal breaker for me.
    I agree with this, except that it could be just sold as compatible with AI mags, and shipped with a 5rd mag. 20 round mags coming seperate shipments for everyone who has AI magwell rem 700's AI rifles and ruger gunsite scouts. That way they won't be directly realted to each other.
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

This is easily solved by shipping them separately, nothing that stops the cause. Besides, many of us do want the 20 rounders, more than the actual gun itself. Hell, I'll buy any center fired rifle that has 20 round magazines. Sadly there are non in Canada as of now, and this is where we should start.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeamusMac View Post

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Around 1k would be my price point. Proprietary mags or m14 would both work, but m14 mags would be nice, just because of availability.

One in NR, with the ability for a PSOP, yes if under $1k.

I like the idea of it using ai mags, but I would like if it uses a double stacked mag (sr25 mags preferred, but m14 mags will work too) and then also come with an adapter so that it can use the ai mags as well. Kind of like how the .223 vz-58 have that adapter for ar mags.

I really hope this rifle will go into production, I know myself and a lot of other cgn'ers will want one!

Any word from North Sylva?

20 round magazines would be epic. I am not holding my breath though.