Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212223242526272829303132333545 ... LastLast

Thread: VZ58 in 7.62x51 is possible if there is enough interest.

CGN Regular
    I would pay a little more if they took the time to make them a shooter, If I buy a 308 semi I'm gonna expect accuracy, already stockpiled South African surplus waiting for the right rifle. minimum 1.5" moa, my 2 cents

Exactly ... 2000 would be my Max as well if it was dead on accurate + uses common style magazines --> I currently have the CSA in a 5.56 with the Magwell adapter: works great, but would prefer not to use an adapter for a 7.62x51 ...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lwing View Post
    I would pay a little more if they took the time to make them a shooter, If I buy a 308 semi I'm gonna expect accuracy, already stockpiled South African surplus waiting for the right rifle. minimum 1.5" moa, my 2 cents

I'm interested to see if this is a simple job - maybe with a heavy profile barrel? The CZ design is already light so a heavier barrel would reduce climb nicely.

I would buy one of these for around a thousand dollars.

Updates please!

CGN Regular
    Another difficult to scope semi-auto in 308? No, not interested. At least M14 has CASM and aftermarket stocks. Thanks, but no, thanks.
    "The semi-automatic weapons’ menacing looks, coupled with the public’s confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons — anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun — can only increase that chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons." — Josh Sugarmann, 1988

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    It needs to be easily scoped... This would be a hunting rifle for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockenshpiel View Post
    Another difficult to scope semi-auto in 308? No, not interested. At least M14 has CASM and aftermarket stocks. Thanks, but no, thanks.
    I'd put money on it that the rear sight will be the same dimensions as that of our current CSA options so for those of us who enjoy long eye relief optics there are always rear sight weaver mounts like the ones Marstar sells:

If you'd prefer a standard eye relief scope then cruise on over to kalinka and pick up one of their all-in-one style scopes or a weaver adapter for the Russian side mount, which will come standard on these rifles.

Personally, I'd prefer to see Russian-style scope mounts on more rifles as they're probably the cheapest quick detach option out there and if you buy the standard height mount then you'll still be able to use the iron sights effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Mitchell View Post
    It needs to be easily scoped... This would be a hunting rifle for me.
    Nah just be proficient with irons.
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

I'll be on the "that would never happen" list, i.e. well under $800. But I hope there are enough of you to get what you want, the more often this sort of thing happens the better for all of us.
    Today could be the last day of the rest of your life.