Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: VZ58 in 7.62x51 is possible if there is enough interest.

Quote Originally Posted by 308TRshooter View Post
    I would be interested in another .308 Win battle rifle. It would be great if M14 magazines would work in it. How much would spare magazines cost?
    Totally unknown how much mags would cost. If this happens and the mags are a proprietary design, I'd imagine they'd be on the spendy side until a lot are made. If they use M14 mags, then they'll cost the same as M14 mags do nowadays I'd assume.
    89AA04004

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Andurp View Post
    Totally unknown how much mags would cost. If this happens and the mags are a proprietary design, I'd imagine they'd be on the spendy side until a lot are made. If they use M14 mags, then they'll cost the same as M14 mags do nowadays I'd assume.
    You say that, but people will start buying up M14 mags like the dickens and prices will go up.

Remember what happened to FAL mags when the RFB was announced?
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBeaverBoomStix View Post
    A VZ58 in 12gauge is a genius idea, make it compatible with Saiga mags, which are very plentiful stateside - in all sizes, even drums, and you've got a hands down winner.

I'd pay, $1000 - $1200 for one. I think this has even more sales potential than the .proposed .308 version, so far as I know there is no mag fed semi auto shotgun on the canadian market.

Just look at how popular Saigas are in the US, this is an untapped market here - business 101, supply and demand.
    Drool! That would be awesome in so many ways.
    The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun.'

If it was able to use ACIS mags id be in for 1 if not 2.
    But they have to be able to use ten round mags or im not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBeaverBoomStix View Post
    Great idea! I want to get a Saiga 12gauge so badly but it's a prohibited AK variant in Canada.

A VZ58 in 12gauge is a genius idea, make it compatible with Saiga mags, which are very plentiful stateside - in all sizes, even drums, and you've got a hands down winner.

I'd pay, $1000 - $1200 for one. I think this has even more sales potential than the .proposed .308 version, so far as I know there is no mag fed semi auto shotgun on the canadian market.

Just look at how popular Saigas are in the US, this is an untapped market here - business 101, supply and demand.
    oh boy oh boy ! I am sooo in ! Canadian Saigas i will pay 1500 $ for that !

VZ58 in 7.62x51 is possible if there is enough interest.

Chrome barrel it, make it accept AICS mags. Make some 20 Rounds AICS mag. Make lots of money.

What would the barrel length be?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    Please thread the muzzle to take AR10 muzzle devices. Also, the ability to use commonly available mags would be nice.

edit - I also like the idea of a Vz. in 12ga. Would definitely buy one of those too.
    edit 2 - I guess threading it to take AKM muzzle devices would make a bit more sense. It would allow a lot more choices for muzzle brakes and flash suppressors.
    A2 flash hider aficionado.

Possibly one in 5.45 if the ammunition is approved?
    "Optimists these days learn English, pessimists learn Chinese, but realists learn how to operate an AK-47."

And PLEASE...PLEASE... make a pistol version first