Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: VZ58 in 7.62x51 is possible if there is enough interest.

with a chromed barrel, and the ability to scope it without major modification, i'd buy one right now. well maybe tomorrow, tomorrow is payday.
    Long Live the Fighters

Member: CSSA; NFA

Im in for one for sure and know probably another 10 guys who would be interstes as well.
    Welcome to Alberta! The patron province of shootin stuff!

I'd buy several

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Vimy Ridge's Avatar
    I think right now the focus should be on AICS mags and if they'll even work. The factory AICS mags hold 5 or 10. Think hunting and fun. They could ship with a 5 rounder. 20 rounders are a nice possibility for the future, but should be a separate project IMO. Just getting this rifle in with even a 10 round capability would be a massive step forward. Why not a AICS drum down the road!? Functionality, if the AICS doesn't work, M14 is the only other logical choice, the magical cargo ship from Oz filled with AIA mags may show up one day.

BANNED
    I vote HK G3 magazines if AICS doesn't work out.

Current price on cheaper than dirt: $1.97 per 20 round magazine

So this thread is about "gauging interest", but couldn't we do one better and "crowd source" this to make it happen?

How many of you would put up $500 or more (towards a rifle) to fund the development? What if we collectively put up the cash to do this? If we collected enough to do it, we'd get rifles, and if not our cash could be refunded.

What is the dollar number to make CSA do this? Can we, CGN members, collectively pull together the cash to make this happen?

-lmcc

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcc View Post
    So this thread is about "gauging interest", but couldn't we do one better and "crowd source" this to make it happen?

How many of you would put up $500 or more (towards a rifle) to fund the development? What if we collectively put up the cash to do this? If we collected enough to do it, we'd get rifles, and if not our cash could be refunded.

What is the dollar number to make CSA do this? Can we, CGN members, collectively pull together the cash to make this happen?

-lmcc
    I've got $500 I'd invest right off. More depending on how it was being done. Frankly I just want a military style 30 cal rifle in semi auto that isn't going to cost more than my car.

Only question is, why was the 7.62x51 CZ abandoned in the first place? Was it lack of interest, different focus, design viability? The gun certainly existed at one point so I'm curious why it wasn't developed further.

Quote Originally Posted by H Wally View Post
    I've got $500 I'd invest right off. More depending on how it was being done. Frankly I just want a military style 30 cal rifle in semi auto that isn't going to cost more than my car.

Only question is, why was the 7.62x51 CZ abandoned in the first place? Was it lack of interest, different focus, design viability? The gun certainly existed at one point so I'm curious why it wasn't developed further.
    Not a com bloc cartridge would be my guess?
    When they came for my Full auto machine gun, no one did a thing, as it didn't affect them. When they came for my Converted auto, they still said nothing. When they came for my Handguns and Semi-autos they were still too scared to say anything. When they came for my single shot bolt-action .22 rifle, there was no one left to help me.
    Is this what we want to see in our future?

Quote Originally Posted by H Wally View Post
    Interesting idea. I'd be interested. Actually, to get this off the ground I've got $500.
    Well sure, CGN has *many* thousands of members. CGN members put up the cash. Some company like North Sylva could facilitate or coordinate. They hold the cash until we get there, or refund it when we don't.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have CGN collectively fund the development and manufacturing of a rifle just for us, according to our collective Canadian specification? (The hard part would be getting all you pricks to agree on exactly what you want.)

-lmcc

mhh... looks cool and the possibilities are good... $1000, no thanks