Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516171819202122232535 ... LastLast

Thread: VZ58 in 7.62x51 is possible if there is enough interest.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    I vote HK G3 magazines if AICS doesn't work out.

Current price on cheaper than dirt: $1.97 per 20 round magazine
    That is what I said.

I found some a few months back. Brand new for $5 a piece. I was looking at an AR308 lower that used G3 mags.

I will change my reply.

20 round mag.. I would consider up to $1200. As long as it is a quality piece.

Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post
    That is what I said.

I found some a few months back. Brand new for $5 a piece. I was looking at an AR308 lower that used G3 mags.

I will change my reply.

20 round mag.. I would consider up to $1200. As long as it is a quality piece.
    If they made the rifle with 10 round easily accessible mags then I would be very interested, as long as its not priced over $1200.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Commes with 4 20 round mags(5/20,10/20 or 20/20 wte) under 1200$ with similar ergos as the 858 and/or railed for scopes I am in!!!!
    CCFR member

If you just wanted to gauge interest you guys should have added a poll to the OP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    My onli complaite is that i cant buy it yet!
    CCFR member

So pretty much Canada has had its "kinda looks like an ak" firearm for a while now (VZ-58)

And now we want our Saiga 308 and 12ga canadian legal rifle using the VZ platform. I don't see why that couldn't happen! CZ made us a canadian version of their gun just for our market we gotta have some influence on their sales, the rifles will still sell well globally too. im sure everyone else not JUST canada would consider buying their rifle in 308.

BUT, that barrel has to get a bit thicker, the pencil thin barrel and the big wabble from the action and turbulence from the added oomph of the 308 would make that barrel "snake" really bad while fireing, it would have an affect on accuracy, and I know alot of guys who would want this rifle would also want it to be accurate. having a thicker barrel increasing its reliable accuracy would justify the added cost to making said barrel. I won't buy it if it's not pretty accurate. and I know alot of others wont either. The rifle would go up in price but I bet it would still be under 2k still making it a hit,

well, we know forsure CZ can make some accurate barrels ( like they do in the hunting rifles )

it'll be sweet if this happens,if they can make the cheep mags work

2k rifles have a very small market. Sorry your suggestion would sell a handful of items. Not worth the trouble to any dealer

Quote Originally Posted by fnrob View Post
    Not a com bloc cartridge would be my guess?
    This is fairly likely. The Czech's were churning out a lot 7.62x51 to give to Communist movements in Africa that had FAL's and G3's, you can find this ammo here in Canada - usually 70's or 80's production and always quite corrosive, and were fairly well known for telling the Soviets to piss off and let them design their own weapons, but the Russians were a bit more insistent upon every nation using the same ammo, and maybe put some pressure on them to stop "wasting time" on a 7.62x51 Vz.

But, who knows? Maybe CZ does.
    89AA04004

CGN frequent flyer BigBeaverBoomStix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcc View Post
    So this thread is about "gauging interest", but couldn't we do one better and "crowd source" this to make it happen?

How many of you would put up $500 or more (towards a rifle) to fund the development? What if we collectively put up the cash to do this? If we collected enough to do it, we'd get rifles, and if not our cash could be refunded.

What is the dollar number to make CSA do this? Can we, CGN members, collectively pull together the cash to make this happen?

-lmcc
    That's a great idea, for a lot of products, CGN investor groups, cash and volume speaks...well..volumes.

So you see plenty of people gripping about trying to source guns, mags, etc. but as individuals they have little interest to dealers, but combine even just 10 people and that request carries more weight.

I think $500 is too much for most people to put down for development, but a $100, which is an easier amount to place down, is large enough to show genuine interest but not so much that people are discouraged from putting down the deposit in the first place.

I'd put down money for the 7.62 x 51 version and more money down for the possible .12 gauge too.