Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: For those looking for S&W AR15's rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    The FN SCAR-16s/17 are both prohibited.

Man that is turbo-gay

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnadoor View Post
    Man that is turbo-gay
    That's what happens when the SA versions are designed to accept the FA parts without modification.
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by banditos View Post
    So what's the story on the "no warranty" for some of these firearms coming into Canada?
    Part of the negotiations when signing a distribution deal is the handling of warranty issues. North Sylva and any other distributor of a manufactured good will have some arraingement with the manufacturer to deal with defective merchandise. That could be a monetary set-aside to cover replacements out of stock, a fee schedule for returns to the manufacturer, or many other possible agreements. North Sylva are well within thier rights to decline to handle grey market imports.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck223 View Post
    Part of the negotiations when signing a distribution deal is the handling of warranty issues. North Sylva and any other distributor of a manufactured good will have some arraingement with the manufacturer to deal with defective merchandise. That could be a monetary set-aside to cover replacements out of stock, a fee schedule for returns to the manufacturer, or many other possible agreements. North Sylva are well within thier rights to decline to handle grey market imports.
    They still have warranty but not through NS
    As the current two sources of these rifles coming into Canada are both paid CGN sponsors.
    I don't think this discussion belongs in a dealer specific forum
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

I would be down for an M&P 15 Sport Model if they are going to be priced as indicated.
    .30 WCF....emptying saddles since 1895.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    That's what happens when the SA versions are designed to accept the FA parts without modification.
    I know thats probably the way the law is written. Or at least the way the rcmp is interpreting the way the law is written but... I am assuming you cannot buy the fa parts without the same credentials you would need to buy the fa gun in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck223 View Post
    Nice try Canuck223. I have gone through this same scenario with motorcycles produced in the U.S.. A non-dealer of these bikes was selling them at 1 to 2 thousand dollars less than what the dealers in Canada were. When these bikes came up for warranty work the dealers said they would not touch them and did not have to since the bikes were brought in by a non-dealer. I emailed the producer of the motorcycles and they themselves told me that any dealer in Canada had to do the warranty work as required by law because you buy their product and it has a warranty. The dealers in Canada agreed but started this bullsh!t of leaving the bikes sit in their repair center for months at a time saying they were too busy to do the warranty work. I emailed the company again and told them about what the dealers were doing. The company sent a letter to the dealers telling them to stop this nonsense and get on with the proper procedure. Since then everything has been working just fine.

If you think Smith and Wesson is going to deny warranty just because North Sylva is having a hissy fit because the new kid on the block is giving a better deal on the Smith and Wesson product, you have another thing coming! Not providing warranty is a violation of most if not all contracts between producers and dealers/importers. North Sylva would be putting themselves in a very precarious position. I have PM'd North Sylva yesterday about this matter and have not yet had a reply. If I don't hear from them by the end of the week, I will be talking to Smith and Wesson themselves.

Also now we are hearing out of the blue that prices may be coming down on some firearms imported from the U.S. because of the relaxation of requirements by the U.S. feds. This is the first I've heard of this and I would like to see the documentation on that import change. Sound to me prices may go down because they are too high to compete with the new importer.

North Sylva is not "well within their rights" to deny warranty.

Thank You.
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

Nice try Canuck223. I have gone through this same scenario with motorcycles produced in the U.S.. A non-dealer of these bikes was selling them at 1 to 2 thousand dollars less than what the dealers in Canada were. When these bikes came up for warranty work the dealers said they would not touch them and did not have to since the bikes were brought in by a non-dealer. I emailed the producer of the motorcycles and they themselves told me that any dealer in Canada had to do the warranty work as required by law because you buy their product and it has a warranty. The dealers in Canada agreed but started this bullsh!t of leaving the bikes sit in their repair center for months at a time saying they were too busy to do the warranty work. I emailed the company again and told them about what the dealers were doing. The company sent a letter to the dealers telling them to stop this nonsense and get on with the proper procedure. Since then everything has been working just fine.

If you think Smith and Wesson is going to deny warranty just because North Sylva is having a hissy fit because the new kid on the block is giving a better deal on the Smith and Wesson product, you have another thing coming! Not providing warranty is a violation of most if not all contracts between producers and dealers/importers. North Sylva would be putting themselves in a very precarious position. I have PM'd North Sylva yesterday about this matter and have not yet had a reply. If I don't hear from them by the end of the week, I will be talking to Smith and Wesson themselves.

Also now we are hearing out of the blue that prices may be coming down on some firearms imported from the U.S. because of the relaxation of requirements by the U.S. feds. This is the first I've heard of this and I would like to see the documentation on that import change. Sound to me prices may go down because they are too high to compete with the new importer.

Thank You.
    Of course as the S&W is a US company it does not necessarily have to extend its warranty to products that end up outside the USA.....just like Thompson Center did with some BP rifles sold through legitimate business here when there were issues..."sorry we do not have to honour the warranty outside the USA" is the message they were delivered. I was steered away from a Thompson from a shop with dozens in stock due to this issue.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    What Banditos said
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar

Thank You.
    Reading comprehension 101

S&W provides the warranty. Nothing obligates the distributor to involve themself with a warranty issue when the product was imported outside of thier agreement with the manufacturer.

You're welcome.