Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: For those looking for S&W AR15's rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyg View Post
    Of course as the S&W is a US company it does not necessarily have to extend its warranty to products that end up outside the USA.....just like Thompson Center did with some BP rifles sold through legitimate business here when there were issues..."sorry we do not have to honour the warranty outside the USA" is the message they were delivered. I was steered away from a Thompson from a shop with dozens in stock due to this issue.
    Did you hear this directly from Thompson Center or from the "legitimate business"? Let's try to stay on the subject here and it's Smith and Wesson ok? Like I said. I'll be talking to Smith and Wesson if I don't hear from North Sylva within a few days.
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

Sorry But Banditos is pretty wrong on "North Sylva is not "well within their rights" to deny warranty." I work for an Manufacture/Distributor in Canada, I'm the warranty auditor and our company does not cover any warranty work for grey market units. We do however cover Recalls on those units for safety reasons. Sometimes our customer service department does help to cover some repair as a "good will" gesture but "no law" can force us to repair grey markets units. But honestly for 50$ I would prefer helping a company that is fully implemented in Canada and providing jobs to Canadians and have a no hassle warranty if I ever needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck223 View Post
    Reading comprehension 101

S&W provides the warranty. Nothing obligates the distributor to involve themself with a warranty issue when the product was imported outside of thier agreement with the manufacturer.

You're welcome.
    Just go to the S&W website. NS is listed as a authorized warranty repair depot for Canada. Show me where it says in S&W conditions that NS is not obligated to perform repairs on this issue. Who cares, NS competion on this product already said the have the ability to get any repairs done......

There are three warranty repair depots in Canada for Smith and Wesson. Two in Ontario and one in B.C.. I'll post when I get the replies from the three of them and Smith and Wesson head office in the U.S.. If I am wrong, I'll be the first to admit it and apologize to any one who needs an apology. At any rate. This should be interesting to say the least.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    I'll let you guys know how I like my S&W Sport.

Please get the regular barrels, not the silly export ones with no flash hider and non threaded barrel...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    That's just classic, you hammer on another poster for diversion after being the instigator discussing motorcycles. At least the other poster stayed on firearms. POT, KETTLE
    Quote Originally Posted by banditos View Post
    Did you hear this directly from Thompson Center or from the "legitimate business"? Let's try to stay on the subject here and it's Smith and Wesson ok? Like I said. I'll be talking to Smith and Wesson if I don't hear from North Sylva within a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by banditos View Post
    Nice try Canuck223. I have gone through this same scenario with motorcycles produced in the U.S.. A non-dealer of these bikes was selling them at 1 to 2 thousand dollars less than what the dealers in Canada were. When these bikes came up for warranty work the dealers said they would not touch them and did not have to since the bikes were brought in by a non-dealer. I emailed the producer of the motorcycles and they themselves told me that any dealer in Canada had to do the warranty work as required by law because you buy their product and it has a warranty. The dealers in Canada agreed but started this bullsh!t of leaving the bikes sit in their repair center for months at a time saying they were too busy to do the warranty work. I emailed the company again and told them about what the dealers were doing. The company sent a letter to the dealers telling them to stop this nonsense and get on with the proper procedure. Since then everything has been working just fine.

Thank You.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

The instigator is North Silva. I gave the scenario of the motorcycles as an example of warranties. Try to focus will you?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    North Sylva is under no obligation I would imagine to handle the warranty work on guns that were retailed in the USA and delivered here through an importing service such as Questar or Iron Guns & others. Those guns I would think would and should need to be handled through the USA Warranty administration since they were retailed there. Guns imported into Canada by distributors and then sold to retailer for retail sale here no matter the distributor, North Sylva should be able to handle it under their arrangement with S&W. The Car & Motorcycle examples are really not the same since you can easily drive a car or bike across the border if need be, but the headache for guns is exhausting. Good on North Sylva for bringing them in. Hopefully I will have mine soon. I would rather support a Canadian Company creating jobs in Canada then buying in the USA even if it costs me a lot extra. Either pay now for product, or pay tomorrow to support everyone on welfare.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    North Sylva is under no obligation I would imagine to handle the warranty work on guns that were retailed in the USA and delivered here through an importing service such as Questar or Iron Guns & others. Those guns I would think would and should need to be handled through the USA Warranty administration since they were retailed there. Guns imported into Canada by distributors and then sold to retailer for retail sale here no matter the distributor, North Sylva should be able to handle it under their arrangement with S&W. The Car & Motorcycle examples are really not the same since you can easily drive a car or bike across the border if need be, but the headache for guns is exhausting. Good on North Sylva for bringing them in. Hopefully I will have mine soon. I would rather support a Canadian Company creating jobs in Canada then buying in the USA even if it costs me a lot extra. Either pay now for product, or pay tomorrow to support everyone on welfare.
    Mighty noble of you.
    They won't be on welfare.
    They can always get a high paying job at Walmart selling quality Chinese goods
    lol
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.