Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: For those looking for S&W AR15's rifles.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by elicitone View Post
    Have you had a chance to check out the "Sport"? With your experiance in the Norinco line how would you compare the two?
    Are you being serious right now? The norinco is the lowest of the low.... literally the worst. Anything else is better.....

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nmason194 View Post
    So most of the s&w ar's come with 30rnd mags. Are they going to be pinned? Replaced with 10 shot ones? Or (fingers crossed) are we allowed the 30 rounds now?
    Because of north sylva's fairy dust supply being high this year, you are permitted to purchase up to ten 30 round magazines. No more though, the supply of fairy dust is limited.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    Are you being serious right now? The norinco is the lowest of the low.... literally the worst. Anything else is better.....
    That's interesting, everyone on the boards who owns one seems to love them. They are certainly a budget brand, but their value seems to outweigh the cost on the reliability side at least.

Very serious actually. Four o the guys I shoot with have Norinco's and all of them love them. One of the guys is quite possibly the worst gun owner I know cleaning. He is of the once a year wether it needs it or not types. And he shoots nothing but milsurp and the gun runs flawlessly. That combined with the fact that the sport is S&W's entry level gun and may suffer from the "make it cheap" to hook new customers mentality. Not sure if that's the case but figure I should ask?
    I don't believe gun owners have rights. Dalton McQuinty (Oops I mean Sarah Brady...)

BANNED
    Did nastiness get in to the action? Ohh yeah it did. I made sure of that by peppering the rifle with a few small handfuls of Arizona high desert when the Smith and Wesson folks weren’t watching. By the end of the week I had one gritty feeling charging handle, one rough trigger, and one dirty as all-heck action. I was also holding a rifle that continued to function without a single hiccup.

It’s taken Smith a while to get here, but it looks like they’ve finally brought the same no-nonsense quality and functionality to the AR world that made their revolvers so justifiably famous.
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...on-mp15-sport/

"The S&W M&P15 Sport might be remembered as the gun that challenged the pricing structure of the entire industry. I've seen no others deliver its performance and quality at this price point."- Nutnfancy

BANNED
    Very serious actually. Four o the guys I shoot with have Norinco's and all of them love them. One of the guys is quite possibly the worst gun owner I know cleaning. He is of the once a year wether it needs it or not types. And he shoots nothing but milsurp and the gun runs flawlessly. That combined with the fact that the sport is S&W's entry level gun and may suffer from the "make it cheap" to hook new customers mentality. Not sure if that's the case but figure I should ask?

You are comparing a S&W to a norinco and then worrying that the S&W's quality will be worse than a norc because they made it inexpensive......

Nutnfancy does excellent reviews, I would highly recommend that everyone interested in this rifle check it out on youtube

link = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YdpE6Lpw9E

BANNED
    [youtube]1YdpE6Lpw9E[/youtube]

You are comparing a S&W to a norinco and then worrying that the S&W's quality will be worse than a norc because they made it inexpensive......
    Your previous post was much more informative than your off hand remarks.

Hyundai Sonatas are "cheap" but it hasn't stopped them from being named car of the year. Honda Civics are cheap but have been the number one in CSI for almost two decades!! BMW's are considered by many to be among some of the best vehicles on the market but having worked for them in the mid 90's I can tell you that their "entry level" 3 series cars were complete garbage!! With the likes of the accord and Camry wiping the floor with them in every category! Except price!!
    I don't believe gun owners have rights. Dalton McQuinty (Oops I mean Sarah Brady...)

BANNED
    Your previous post was much more informative than your off hand remarks.

Hyundai Sonatas are "cheap" but it hasn't stopped them from being named car of the year. Honda Civics are cheap but have been the number one in CSI for almost two decades!! BMW's are considered by many to be among some of the best vehicles on the market but having worked for them in the mid 90's I can tell you that their "entry level" 3 series cars were complete garbage!! With the likes of the accord and Camry wiping the floor with them in every category! Except price!!
    Except were talking about nearly identical designs.....

Imagine 2 companies made the exact same car. One was Chinese and one was American made. The difference in price is 500 dollars. The American made one has a nice paint job and is made out of better materials. The Chinese one is made out of different, less desirable, materials and needs to be repainted from the factory. They both run the same if you get a good one but the Chinese ones are hit and miss.

Which do you buy!?