Thumbs down to Marstar

Thread: Thumbs down to Marstar

Tags: None
  1. IMR4320 said:

Thumbs down to Marstar

So a few weeks ago I have ordered iron sights for one of my rifles, the order for processed in timely matter, shipping a bit overcharged but whatever, then I installed the sights onto my rifle only to learn the height does not match and one of them has to go and be replaced with correct height. I contacted Marstar's customer service for correction and was completely ignored. This was my second purchase from them and I know there will NOT be a third one. I must point out the sights were for a straight picatinny platform and no rocket science was necessary to match up proper sights.

tokguy said:
    I've had hit / miss luck with Marstar. The 1st time I dealt with them it was a Goat roping supreme.
    But since then they have been really good, like 4-5 other transactions.
    They even went as far as to say " Don't buy this Ammo from us, the shipping alone will cost you huge"
    Try and contact them again perhaps. I dealt with Christian and he was really good.
    Red Adair " arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig, you get all covered in s--t; and the only one who has any fun is the pig "

caramel said:
    They are a good sponsor, but the fact that they charge the Quebec 9.5 % tax even if they are base in Ontario, did push me further west 10% of 5000.00 is alot of mo... JP.

gunluver63 said:
    Thanks for the heads up , the 9.5% tax , guess I will not buy anything them. There are Ontario dealers who do not think they are Quebecers( SFRC).

Igormon said:
    One purchase, no complaints.

Dexter Morgan said:
    Marstar's shipping charges can be pretty outrageous.

Even for small gun parts, you will pay through the nose to get them delivered.

Never mind a crate of ammo.

haha49 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by gunluver63 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up , the 9.5% tax , guess I will not buy anything them. There are Ontario dealers who do not think they are Quebecers( SFRC).
    in BC it's 12 so thats a good deal...

mhowarth said:
    Thumbs up for Marstar. If you have a problem, John will make it right.
  9. stevenwr said:
    I've also had a bad experience with them and so has my buddy, needless to say we shop elsewhere.

#1bcshooter said:
    Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    in BC it's 12 so thats a good deal...
    Not for long
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.