Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Thumbs down to Marstar

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Dealt with them several times myself, with no problem,
    ....................But......................
    it is frustrating to see all the stuff I can't have, right now,
    ....................But...................
    Marstar isn' the only place with many items out of stock.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sTraTz View Post
    BAs the technology doesn't exist to have accurate shipping quotes
    What? It's not 1999, despite the fact that it's apparent from this forum that most of the gun retailers think it is. The technology for accurate shipping quotes has existed for at least a decade. Like, 10 years.

Trying to sort your unsatisfactory experiences on an internet forum is not the most efficient way to go.
    It's a great way to go. It shames the vendor publicly and shows the rest of us their responses. *I* benefit from this. If they have a lot of complaints, then I can make a judgement call because I have that info.

In this case, the john guy would do Marstar better if he just didn't respond here. His responses read as pretty aggressive and sarcastic.. Even when he says it's not sarcastic, it's sarcastic.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by sdlonyer View Post
    Picatinny rails are standardized for width...they can be installed on firearms with widely varying front sight heights.Is it not unreasonable to expect Marstar to judge which sight you need from 3000 km away without having seen your rifle?
    If it wasn't misdescribed in their on=-line catalogue I don't understand why you think this was their mistake.
    You're missing my point. I have contacted them how it could be corrected and they basically left me to hang dry. My problem is not so much that two sights did not match up but how they dealt with it after. Imagine you would spend hundreds of Dollars there and something went wrong. I of course will not spend another dime with them.

Expired Business
    WATERWHEEL;
    You are living proof that no matter what I say, how I reply, there is always someone who is not happy....
    It is obvious you have much more knowledge of this business than I can ever hope to have, why not simply buy out Marstar and run it with the perfection you demand ?
    John

Expired Business
    IMR4320;
    Instead of bitching why not send me your name and order number so I can look into it.... Then if I do nothing whine and complain to your hearts content
    John

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    WATERWHEEL;
    You are living proof that no matter what I say, how I reply, there is always someone who is not happy....
    It is obvious you have much more knowledge of this business than I can ever hope to have, why not simply buy out Marstar and run it with the perfection you demand ?
    John
    I sure as sugar know a lot more about both business on the internet and customer service than you do. At the very least I don't publicly flame the community I make my living from, that's for sure. When did that become even remotely a good idea? My customers love me, and the odd one I disagree with, I do so privately. You should be making every effort to groom this community, not piss everyone off. In case it's not clear, that's what you're doing. And you're not winning. What you should've done was sent a private message to the people with problems asking for specifics and assuring them you were going to deal with the issues personally. Not this crazed rant you're doing. There you go, free advice from someone who actually does know more about customer service than you do.

BTW if you're in the middle of another public rant, I'd love to hear the one about about how putting shipping charges online is NASA-level technology. Is that level of perfection beyond you? It's not beyond me - I was doing it in the late 90's.

The really bizarre part of this industry is that this kind of jacked up behavior by vendors seems to be commonplace - almost every vendor I read about here has extensive threads from multiple customers, and the response from vendors seems to be 'it's the consumer's problem'. So I'll tell you something else JOHNONE, that kind of nonsense service leaves a whole a mile wide for someone who actually gives a rip to eat your business alive. At the very least I can't get worse service from cabelas and bass pro - which is why the small vendors apparently can't compete. All someone has to do is offer better service. Apparently impossible in this industry.

Quote Originally Posted by waterwheel View Post
    I sure as sugar know a lot more about both business on the internet and customer service than you do. At the very least I don't publicly flame the community I make my living from, that's for sure. When did that become even remotely a good idea? My customers love me, and the odd one I disagree with, I do so privately. You should be making every effort to groom this community, not piss everyone off. In case it's not clear, that's what you're doing. And you're not winning. What you should've done was sent a private message to the people with problems asking for specifics and assuring them you were going to deal with the issues personally. Not this crazed rant you're doing. There you go, free advice from someone who actually does know more about customer service than you do.

BTW if you're in the middle of another public rant, I'd love to hear the one about about how putting shipping charges online is NASA-level technology. Is that level of perfection beyond you? It's not beyond me - I was doing it in the late 90's.

The really bizarre part of this industry is that this kind of jacked up behavior by vendors seems to be commonplace - almost every vendor I read about here has extensive threads from multiple customers, and the response from vendors seems to be 'it's the consumer's problem'. So I'll tell you something else JOHNONE, that kind of nonsense service leaves a whole a mile wide for someone who actually gives a rip to eat your business alive. At the very least I can't get worse service from cabelas and bass pro - which is why the small vendors apparently can't compete. All someone has to do is offer better service. Apparently impossible in this industry.
    Well put Waterwheel. But remeber John is not showing any sarcasm here.

Here is a very small bit of advise for you John. An old gentleman once told me a log time ago that it is much better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are a fool then to open it and remove all doubt.

I think with all or at least most of your replys you have shown all of us what kind of a person you really are. When you could have just as easly have told us you were sorry for the screw up and you will try to better next time.

Just my two cents worth.

Graydog

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.
    He just can't help himself...so why should I feed the ego with my $'s? Ta,Ta...and Waterwheel, you nailed it IMHO. Marstar threads are now a source of entertainment for me, not for shopping like they used to be.

CGN Regular
    John: Well, it looks like there are at least TWO things that aren't quite accurate enough -- my memory (on at least one documented occasion) and your invoice/billing system (on at least one documented occasion).

If the slight overbilling had occurred on a widespread basis, it would, indeed, be a "serious overcharge" (and this happened in a department I once worked in -- skimming by an unscrupulous employee adds up if done often enough, say, with 20,000 mostly happy customers).

I truly appreciate the effort that you took looking into those errors -- two, counting mine as one of them -- and will definitely consider doing business with you again in the future.

BTW I'm not a NASA rocket scientist and could care less how your billing is done as long as it's accurate and the item gets here in short order. And, in the case of my orders, both of them were promptly and efficiently delivered.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plinker 777 View Post
    He just can't help himself...so why should I feed the ego with my $'s? Ta,Ta...and Waterwheel, you nailed it IMHO. Marstar threads are now a source of entertainment for me, not for shopping like they used to be.
    LOL
    I think i come to this site for entertainment more and more these days :D
    Can Am has some good ones from time to time . But you have to be quick as they disappear just as fast.
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.