Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Thumbs down to Marstar

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    WATERWHEEL;
    You are living proof that no matter what I say, how I reply, there is always someone who is not happy....
    It is obvious you have much more knowledge of this business than I can ever hope to have, why not simply buy out Marstar and run it with the perfection you demand ?
    John
    Surely you can see that a post dripping with sarcasm, like this one, is not the ideal way to represent your company online. It’s not a matter of finding words that will "please everyone"—you’re right, you can’t. It's about showing the minimum level of courtesy and professionalism. Just because you can't please everyone doesn't mean it's not worth trying to please as many people as you can--or at least trying not to offend as many as you do.

Obviously there are some people that will be obstinately dissatisfied--but you won't know someone is like that unless you make an honest effort first. Even once you have decided that a person is beyond any effort to please, then for the sake of the on-lookers, surely a courteous reply will serve you better than venomous sarcasm. In any case, why have your first response be one that insults the person, or dismisses the validity of their concern?

This makes you look bad. Until you realize this, you're going to continue to alienate potential customers. That may not concern you--you seem pleased with the 20,000 that you brag about--but the way you've comported yourself in these forums has guaranteed that I won’t become #20,001.

I'm sorry -but it appears to me that John is trying to protect his reputation from clients that provide incorrect or incomplete info to trace their concern-my only dealing with Marstar was 100 % satisfactory-I have been in the retail industry for 35+ years and I understand his/the customers frustration from both ends-but you need complete info to mitigate problems

I need more popcorn...

I'll be #20,001

CGN frequent flyer
    Although I do enjoy a good lynching can't we keep this civilized? Only make a complaint about a company if you have tried more than "sending them an angry email".

If I see a complaint thread I will go see it to either avoid the "sales rep" who caused the inconvenience through horrible customer service, or to avoid the company all together.

What helps everyone is a basic complaint about either customer service of an individual or policies of the company. That should get the owner contacting you to try to solve the issue together and serve as a warning to us, while improving the customer service of the company. Emotions, personal jabs (regardless of if they are deserved or not) and some of this other crap I'm reading on here is just causing heated arguments and filling pages with crap.

Don't get me wrong I'm not picking sides here, and I believe that if there is an unhappy customer for a valid reason the blame should go up the ladder to whoever is in charge, and they should try to fix the problem by contacting the client. This being said, I don't completely blame John for being cynical and sarcastic while defending himself and company, he is the only person who is "real" his name and his company are known to all of us, so he has more to lose on this thread than us hiding behind our pseudonyms. If we all had to use our real information, we might think twice about what we are writing on here, or at least be a bit more "PC".

Typical. Seems Marstar doesn't like dealing with unhappy customers. I've sent countless emails to them regarding an issue with a purchase...Nothing back. Will never shop there and continue to let my friends know to take their business elsewhere. Been in customer service for years and expect much, much better.

I hope people do realize a phone call is 100 times better than an email in solving problems. Send email, give it a day, phone call. You need to get a person talking to you if you expect immediate results.

DEXTRMORGAN;
    "LOL. Just wait till you see the shipping/handling charges. Make sure you're sitting down. "
    The customer may request total charges at any time....We have posted this many times....
    I don't understand the complaints about our shipping charges....
    John
    What happens when you request a full quote and recieve it, including shipping. And when you recieve your item and invoice the shipping is 100$ more? I bet it would be a good idea to email you regarding this? And what happens when you do not recieve a reply? I bet you re-send the email...And if you don't get a reply then you probably feel that your being ignored and decide to never deal with the company again....that should be a standard operating procedures no? Can't wait for an equally sarcastic yet bolded reply...THANKS FOR THE GREAT SERVICE

Just bought a pistol and 60 lb crate of ammo 1 week ago from them. paid $12.82 shipping on pistol and $30.42 shipping on ammo. Ammo was $60.00 cheaper than anyone else. Only paid exactly 13% tax on everything. Overall very good deal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    IMR4320;
    Instead of bitching why not send me your name and order number so I can look into it.... Then if I do nothing whine and complain to your hearts content
    John
    Very professional. Maybe it was you that I spoke to on the phone one day who was as unprofessional as you are in that post. "Instead of bitching" ? Your business exists because of consumers like this fellow. If you feel that way, that's one thing... but to say that in a public forum is another.