Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Thumbs down to Marstar

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cgnnut View Post
    I hope people do realize a phone call is 100 times better than an email in solving problems. Send email, give it a day, phone call. You need to get a person talking to you if you expect immediate results.
    This day and age, emails are just as legitimate. Many of the dealers in Canada today exist because of online orders. If you're going to run an online service, you should respond to emails just as you would respond to a telephone call.

CGN Regular
    Well I'm not sure which is more irritating....
    I have posted a few questions on here in the past year or so that never received a reply. I suppose he didn't like the questions, as he replied to other member's questons before and after mine. Where's the love man? Lol. Perhaps I'll hear back by the end of 2012. On the other hand, it seems when John does reply it's usually rude and/or offensive so perhaps it's better I didn't receieve a reply.
    Either way though, I'll never shop at MARSTAR. Many other CGN dealers still appreciate the business.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    This day and age, emails are just as legitimate. Many of the dealers in Canada today exist because of online orders. If you're going to run an online service, you should respond to emails just as you would respond to a telephone call.
    I agree. Dealers should prefer to answer emails as opposed to phone calls. I know from personal experience that a lot of nonsensical information and chatter is exchanged during phone calls taking up valuable time. Emails tend to focus on only important/relevant questions and can be answered when convenient.

9,5% is only for PST we have to add the GST too . That bring the total to almost 15% ( 14.975 )

Soon , we will have to deal with the HST as Ottawa and Quebec came to an agreement.

No way to evade taxes while buying from western provinces.

Sales will be going down there

I often wondered if the people who do not like to use email and would rather you phone them are the ones that after the deal has gone sour can then deny that they ever said things. Most people are smart enough to keep all there emails until after the deal has been completed. When you have it in writing there is no denying you said it. Just a thought.

Graydog

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    RONIN0508;
    "evrytime I looked for stuff on the website they had no stock"
    For a company with no stock we sure have a large client base (20,000+)
    We have enough work to keep 10 people busy.... I will really have to look into what they are doing all day
    Will have see why Canada Post keep sending their truck here, why we keep seeing Canpar, UPS, Day & Roos, just to mention a few....
    Let you knoe the results of my investiagtion....

John
    Wow...well then maybe one of your busy 10 employees should update your website then as there sure are alot of things out of stock alot of the time based on how it looks now...after that sort of response to a pretty harmless post I will definately not be doing any business with MARSTAR... the phrase arrogant jerk springs to mind...

Expired Business
    MARLIN 444;
    " I've sent countless emails to them regarding an issue with a purchase"

Once again, I must have a name and/or order number so I can trace and reply....
    John

Expired Business
    WATERWHEEL;
    "I sure as sugar know a lot more about both business on the internet and customer service than you do"
    Excellent, I would be pleased to hire you as a consultant, on the other hand we offer still stands, why not simply by me out ?

"I don't publicly flame the community I make my living from, that's for sure."
    I beg to differ, I do not publicly flame anyone, I simply reply when and where the question was posted....

"What you should've done was sent a private message to the people with problems asking for specifics and assuring them you were going to deal with the issues personally. "
    Perhaps you have not noticed, I have requested time and time again, people can contact me via personal e mail, however if one chooses to post their questions and/or comments on CGN I don't have a choice but to reply here....

" Is that level of perfection beyond you? It's not beyond me - I was doing it in the late 90's."
    Once again, I am offering to pay you as a consultant to implement such a service here at Marstar....I am serious....

"All someone has to do is offer better service. Apparently impossible in this industry. "
    It is strange that you see it that way, when we started here in Canada in 1984 not one company offered a no BS warranty policy, we started it, our customer service became part of our reputation.... There are not many companies in the trade that have been around for 28 years....
    Not to say that there are not others in this business who offer excellent service, there are.

John

Expired Business
    BIGFOOTER;
    "If the slight overbilling had occurred on a widespread basis, it would, indeed, be a "serious overcharge" (and this happened in a department I once worked in -- skimming by an unscrupulous employee adds up if done often enough, say, with 20,000 mostly happy customers)."

First off, thank you for getting back to me, this exchange is a prime example of why I reply here when the matter starts here.... It also shows how an issue can be resolved when both parties want it resolved....

I would add that although the error was minor it could have been a hint of something bigger, however the chance of such an issue getting out of hand would be minimal indeed, we have serious controls and audits in place.... We hope that our very well compensated employees are more trustworthy than that.... In the 28 years of our operation in Canada we have NEVER experienced any fraud or theft.... At least not from employees.

Once again thank for taking the time to reply,
    John

Expired Business
    MARLIN444;
    "What happens when you request a full quote and recieve it, including shipping. And when you recieve your item and invoice the shipping is 100$ more"

Once again, I would be pleased to research your issue, BUT I really need your name and/or order number....

John