Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Thumbs down to Marstar

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by waterwheel View Post
    Bullcrap. I am having an argument on the internet and I am WINNING. I'm not going to stop now.
    Nice, and this is the only way for me to get any air time in this forum Rock on brother, victory is imminent!

Quote Originally Posted by waterwheel View Post
    Bullcrap. I am having an argument on the internet and I am WINNING! I'm not going to stop now!
    Baahaahahaa...LMAO +1

What they really need to teach in business schools is how to sublimate your #$%^@ ego to business, not the other way round. We've all seen some incredibly stupid, short-sighted decisions taken on the basis of ego rather than business sense. I had the good fortune to work for a time for a manager who saw every disgruntled customer for what they were: an opportunity. An opportunity to take someone who was unhappy and talking about it and turn them into a customer who was happy, and talking about it. Politicians know that for every voter who takes the trouble to write in, 500 others feel the same way, more or less.

Smart managers know that for every customer who complains (substantively) there are bound to be others with similar complaints who never bothered to give feedback; they simply went away unhappy, and of course many of them tell others why they are unhappy; they just don't tell you! That kind of process is like rust eating away unseen at your business. The customer who complains is a godsend! Instead of drifting off in silent resentment never to be seen again, they tell you what they're unhappy about. Thank (#%@! Now you have something to work with, now you have an opportunity to fix the problem at both ends. If you can only see it...

It used to be said that "the customer is always right" (even when they're not), which meant that you swallowed your "pride", took your hand off your scrotum, stopped posing in the bathroom mirror and realized that your ego and masculinity would survive a few mouthfuls of humble pie, and that if you were an employee, you were there to provide customer service, which means trying to make the customer happy whether you actually cared that they were happy or not.

Of course, that was if you chose to see it as "humble pie", which isn't necessary at all. You simply have to see it as a chance to make a critic into a walking, talking advertisement. More and more people these day seem to have such weak self-esteem that they are unable to do that, even though failing to do so will cost them plenty of money. They react emotionally to what they see as criticism. Instead of trying to turn the energy of the complainant around to their advantage, they react defensively. A purely emotional reaction.

It all comes down to what you value more: your bottom line or your ego, your bottom line or being out the door when the minute hand reaches 5:00. That same manager had a saying I remember well: "you can't pay people to care; they either care or they don't care". Sad fact is most of them don't, and that is a cultural & educational problem.

This is not pointed at anyone by the way, just general observations, based on what I've seen over the years, but which this thread reminds me of.
    The above post is the intellectual property of the person writing under the pseudonym "RRCo."; any use or reproduction in whole or in part outside www.canadiangunnutz.com requires the express written consent of the author.

Expired Business
    WATERWHEEL;
    "And importing isn't 'difficult'."
    I can't help it, this is simply too much allow me to repond in some detail

"I'm guessing some time and specialized paperwork. That's not difficult, it's just their jobs. I imagine it's difficult for an individual,but for a business it's not difficult"
    This is a most interesting observation indeed, how did you arrive at this conclusion....?

"More likely the difficult part is that business owners simply place their order to the U.S. then let it work it's way through the system without any guidance, and when it comes in, then it comes in. "
    You seem to know everythin about our trade.... First off Marstar does NOT buy from American distributors, we do purchase certain items in the US which are either made for us or special modified to meet our requirements, however we do supply some of the larger players in the US with goods from our facilities in Europe.

The surplus firearms and ammunition we import for sale in Canada are purchased directly from various Government agencies (MOD) in several countries around the world...
    From 1984 onward we exported ALL military surplus from the former Yugoslavia, we have exported from several European nations, The Middle East, Africa, Asia, Central and South America....

While on the subject of military goods, we have imported for, sold to, exported to such minor customers as The Canadian MOD, The IDF, The US Dept of Defence (Desert Storm) The Government Of Kuwait, just to mention few.... Try doing some of these contracts and then tell me how simple it is....

As for the Chinese we have three different factories producing the firearms we order, we also purchase from various factories in Italy, Germany, Serbia, just to name afew....
    Please, unless you have done it, don't tell me importing firearms and munitions is not difficult....I've been at it for almost 30 years, and have operated from many areas that are not in your Michelin guide....The issues and problems are endless....

John

CGN Regular
    I can't help it
    That's the most important part of your post. Do you think that that half page you posted contradicted anything of what I said? Because it looks to me like you just wrote 5 paragraphs that boiled down to 'importing is sure hard work but I can't tell you because you wouldn't understand'. Frankly, I could give two rats butts whether you have a hard time importing. I just want my guns and my ammo when I want my guns and my ammo, at decent prices. Figure it out, or we'll go down the road to someone that has.

But nevermind all that. Everything is going over your head - you are missing 100% of the point. So let me boil it down for you. Stop solving individual problems in this thread and start solving your problem which is poor customer service.

Everyone reading this thread realizes you have a general customer service problem except you. Your demeaning answer as you mock and ridicule your customers and potential customers is a sideshow only.

hi john.here's my obsevations--my 2¢ if you will.
    i have ordered stuff from you on and off since the '80s.
    i find that your guns such as the cqa and those yugo mausers were wonderful purchases-great price and reasonable shipping.
    however,your parts such as small garand parts are so-so.i bought 2 oprod catches on the phone.i asked condition--they said great shape.i asked how much to ship can.post.got a noncomittal answer.got package sent ups for 34 bucks!!!2 parts for 48 bucks and 34 bucks shipping???
    i did not call to complain.maybe i should have.it left a very bad taste in my mouth.p.s. parts had no finish left on them.
    why don't you ask for an email when people order on the phone and follow up with a survey on the purchase?
    also,i was a shipper for several years and had several options when i sent items out to customers.i checked how much it would cost and sent it
    the cheapest most reliable way.also,a company that ships many items out in a day can get a better quote from courriers such as canpar and ups.
    i shipped an entire 18 wheeler trailer from montreal to toronto for 425 bucks because i called several places and got the best price.
    p.s. i hope canpar is better at not losing packages than they used to be...
    member : CCFR CPC

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    MARLIN 444;
    " I've sent countless emails to them regarding an issue with a purchase"

Once again, I must have a name and/or order number so I can trace and reply....
    John
    PM Will be sent and Email including this information. I await your reply.

RRCo. Excellent post. Enjoyed reading it.

I can't believe that that a businessman pays money so you all can have a free place to BS each other anonymously, and he gets schit-lipped for it. Marstar has been a great outfit to deal with, and if it wasn't I'D SPEAK TO THEM ABOUT IT
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Not to get technical...but according to chemistry, Alcohol IS a solution

Quote Originally Posted by paperslayer View Post
    I can't believe that that a businessman pays money so you all can have a free place to BS each other anonymously, and he gets schit-lipped for it. Marstar has been a great outfit to deal with, and if it wasn't I'D SPEAK TO THEM ABOUT IT
    Constructive feedback is a good thing. As a business owner I would want to know how my employees are cutting it. Wouldn't you? Advertising here costs nothing in reality. This place is a gold mine for sales.