Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Thumbs down to Marstar

Have ordered a few firearms from Marstar and had no problems what so ever.Was only about $23 bucks delivery for each purchase. I thought that was pretty good for a rifle and accessories.If you just call em up they will tell you what the shipping price will be. Don't be lazy,nobody is too busy to make a phone call.

I will always recommend Marstar to people.The iron clad Marstar guarantee is another bonus.
    Member of CSSA and NFA
    www.brgclub.com
    “I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
    - J.B Books in The Shootist 1976-John Wayne

I would highly recommend wolverine supply or frontier firearms . I love these shops and am always pleased . Pleasant to talk to , helpful , courteous and fast .

Had the run around a couple times from marstar, went somewhere else. Got my gear at the same price without the head ache.

Purchased a Norc 45acp. Wanted two tone. Received blued. Called them up and they were going to swap out but since paperwork etc was going to be a PIA I suggested a compromise which was agreeable. They made good on it and I was content.

Ive learned with companies that barely have a web presence like Marstar is that they are old school so dont even try email. Phone if you have a problem. My experience is that they will make good.

Quote Originally Posted by AlKidd View Post
    Purchased a Norc 45acp. Wanted two tone. Received blued. Called them up and they were going to swap out but since paperwork etc was going to be a PIA I suggested a compromise which was agreeable. They made good on it and I was content.

Ive learned with companies that barely have a web presence like Marstar is that they are old school so dont even try email. Phone if you have a problem. My experience is that they will make good.
    Yea I have had unanswered emails form them. For a online service that doesn't have time to answer emails for buyers, I dont have time to buy from them (again).
    Also, generally when ordering online, your shipping quote will be provided before the final step of buying, not in marstars case. But Im sure if you didnt bother doing anything online, and just phoned in the first place it would be ok, clearly old school as stated above.

Placed a quite large order on them in February this year. Guys were extremely collaborative. They offered very reasonable shipping price to Toronto for both firearms and ammo. Everything was well packed and appeared in new or as described condition. I always called them, didn't even bother with email.
    I will gladly buy from them again.
    "They won’t understand why we do it. They won’t understand that it’s about the men next to you, and that’s it. That’s all it is." - Norm "Hoot" Hooten

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    BUNNY;
    Here we go again with a "no name" complaint so we can't trace anything....

We refused to take back two Mauser which were not satisfactory ?? There has to be more to it than that, let me have a name so we can examine that file....

As for the Pedersoli you state " the gun came completely unprotected and had been sliding around in a cheap "Marstar" hard case and the stock but stock was broken"

That is strange indeed, we have shipped several thaousand rifles in our "cheap cases", by the way this is a free bonus to the customer, we have only experienced two damaged guns, in both incidents Canada Post had crushed them, why did you not simply return the gun to us ?? We would have replaced it under warranty and taken on the carrier for the damage....

You further state "Pedersoli ships the guns with the stocks off and a letter explaining that it is to prevent the stocks from breaking during shipping."

How did you arrive at this conclusion ? We have received a few thousand guns from Pedersoli over the years, we have NEVER received any that were not assembled....

"I contacted Marstar, but long story short I repaired and refinished the stock myself. I don't know if there will be a third purchase. "
    Why would you repair it when you could have obtained a brand new one at NO charge to yourself ?? Are you not aware of our warranty policy ??
    I look forward to your e mail so we can clear this up john@marstar.ca

John

Bunny just got pwned.

like so many here did mention it already, give them a call, it's free and it works!

Marstar is one of the better dealers on this site (and there are less than a handful).
    It is my experience, that they stand behind the products they sell, and if there is an issue they will make it good.
    But again you will have to contact them (phone), and there are better methods to get their attention, without engaging in a Marstar flaming thread.

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    in BC it's 12 so thats a good deal...
    ha ha. ha ha ha.

Not a good deal. Sales tax is 9.5% in that foreign land, plus the 5% Federal tax =14.5%

First time I tried to deal with them turned out to be my last

I see by John's replies why it was my last time. Just a whole lot more attitude and sarcasm then I need to hear.

Graydog