Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Thumbs down to Marstar

Last time I ordered from them was for a case of loose milsurp ammo.....
    It was packaged so well that it literally broke in half during shipping and I got a call from the courier telling me to come clean up the 1000 rounds now spilled all over their floor etc - cause they sure werent going to try and deliver it to me in that condition. What a effin nightmare. You would think after all these years that Marstar would know how to pack heavy loose ammo properly. Single wall thin cardboard box doesnt cut it.

On the positive, they did try to make it right by sending out a bit more ammo to cover lost stuff. It took 2-3 weeks to get it resolved tho.

Not the worst company but definitely not the best either.

My friends and i have bought guns and other items from them about 5 years ago and had no problems. Ordering was a breeze with them and everything was good in the end. I recently ordered some items from them and waiting on them to ship and I'll getting kinda concerned with all the negative feed back. I really liked marstar back in the day as they had all the cool stuff and everything was in stock. Now it seems like nothing is in stock with them.

Honeslty, if i get a 75$ SKS with a crate of ammo, i don't really care if the guy is arrogant or not.

Sure is unfortunate to see things go sour. Hard to find a gun store that doesn't come with some negative opinion, I even have my own about some. However, Mr. Marstar has just given you all the opportunity to deal with him directly to rectify whatever problem has arisen. Wish everyone luck in resolving your issues, but keep in mind if he gets pissed, he might close all the doors he's opened for the Canadian firearms market over however many decades he's been doing this.

Not related to him, never met him, never bought from marstar directly.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Honeslty, if i get a 75$ SKS with a crate of ammo, i don't really care if the guy is arrogant or not.
    But how much did it cost you after shipping?

Never bought anything from Marstar, i just find the deal great.

after reading all that...with all the complaints and the obvious contempt...why the 100% positive feedback score?
    The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave.

Wow..I'm impressed how many people seem to have ordered from Marstar...evrytime I looked for stuff on the website they had no stock...I just stopped looking and shop elsewhere...

Haven't had any experience with Marstar ammo but I bought 1000 rounds from another dealer that is now out of buisness since last year. The damned stuff was packaged like Christmas cookies on flimsy styrofoam, covered with saran wrap layer upon layer. The cardboard box was in some state and amazingly enough all the loose rounds stayed in the box...

Quote Originally Posted by WhoKilledBambi View Post
    No experience with Marstar but when I called about the $75 SKS, it worked out to be cheaper to buy locally with no discount and I'm only a few hours away.