$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rem 870 bayonet mounts Electroless nickle plated WE ARE A GO FOR THIS PROJECT

Rem 870 bayonet mounts Electroless nickle plated WE ARE A GO FOR THIS PROJECT

we are putting a pre order for the electroless nickle plated bayonet mounts on our website.TT
    This will be a limited production run, as we did a run of nickle plated 870 single point sling mounts a few years ago and it took us 3yrs to sell them.
    Place you order on our website , you will not be billed untill we are ready to ship .
    The electroless nickle finish costs alot more then the standard parkerized finish, but we will be listing them at the same price $89.99 and $99.99
    Dealers contact us for priceing

BBB

we are thinking of doing a run of bayonet mounts that are electroless nickle plated to match the 870 marine magnum just looking for feedback as to who would be looking for one.
    price would be the same as the parkerised, but i would have to run a min batch.
    http://sjhardware.com/store/modules....&cPath=107_121
    post here or drop us an email at
    sales@sjhardware.com
    Last edited by badboybeeson; 01-13-2013 at 10:12 AM.
    Licensed firearms retailer
    We are offering quality Mil Serp Firearms as well as CustomBuilt Tactical Firearms
    www.sjhardware.com

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet ciphery's Avatar
    Why not just make them from stainless? Nickle is affected by salt water and turns grey/green. The only option is to polish and the thin plating will wear/peel with bayonet attachment use.

Quote Originally Posted by ciphery View Post
    Why not just make them from stainless? Nickle is affected by salt water and turns grey/green. The only option is to polish and the thin plating will wear/peel with bayonet attachment use.
    stainless is a bi*ch to machine and cost 4x as much as 4140.
    My 870 marine magnum has been all over the world and seel 15yrs of use 80k + rounds fired and ive never had any peeling or wear issue.
    We are offering quality Mil Serp Firearms as well as CustomBuilt Tactical Firearms
    www.sjhardware.com

Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    stainless is a bi*ch to machine and cost 4x as much as 4140.
    My 870 marine magnum has been all over the world and seel 15yrs of use 80k + rounds fired and ive never had any peeling or wear issue.
    Where have you taken your scattergun? thats cool.
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

I will buy one.
    Please PM me, or I'll PM you.
    Member CSSA, NFA

bump due to new info
    www.sjhardware.com

That is awesome. Count me in for the pre-order, I'll check the site for it.
    The end of the mag tube is already nippled for it, so just adding the mount makes sense if someone wants the versatility of the bayo.
    Very cool, thanks again!
    Member CSSA, NFA

pre-ordered.
    Member CSSA, NFA

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Canuck223's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ciphery View Post
    Besides the cost that Simon hit on, it's not as simple as replacing one material with another. Stainless steel reacts differently to machining than 4140. A CNC set up and programmed to produce perfect parts in 4140 will need a different program and set up to make identical parts in Stainless. The metal expands more with cutting heat, so the machines need to run slower and with more coolant.

In most cases, it would double or more the part cost.
    Territory Business Rep for Grand Power SRO.
    (North America)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck223 View Post
    Besides the cost that Simon hit on, it's not as simple as replacing one material with another. Stainless steel reacts differently to machining than 4140. A CNC set up and programmed to produce perfect parts in 4140 will need a different program and set up to make identical parts in Stainless. The metal expands more with cutting heat, so the machines need to run slower and with more coolant.

In most cases, it would double or more the part cost.
    100% correct on all points!!
    + the shotguns on the market that are " marine" like the marine Magnum from remington. Have a electroless nickle finish, so by doing our product in the same finish it will look OEM and we like that

BBB
    www.sjhardware.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast