Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: MSAR Clear AR mags in stock

Ok,
    Tried all 5 amber, and my one black mag in my Bushmaster, Dlask Anniversary, and Tavor.

In the Bushy, four of the ambers fell out no problem. One was hung up just barely, and the black was hung up more.
    In the Tavor, only the black mag hung up. The rest fell.
    In the Dlask, all hung, especially the black one. Couldn't get it to drop even after pushing on the bolt release.
    I have heard that the Dlask mag wells are tight anyway. My metal mags all drop freely from it though.

I loaded five rounds into each mag, and stripped them like a bolt would (straight out the front). The last bullet does catch on the front right where the brass starts. Not as much though as it does on my LAR mag, where the break over is squared. On the MSAR, it is an angle. Nothing a sharp bolt release wouldn't cure.

On the one amber mag that hung, it seems to be just a slightly tight spot that lets go once you give it the slightest tap. In other words, it seems to need just a little initial push to clear, then it drops fine.
    Hard to localize it, but I think it might be on the squaring tab built into the back spine of the body, directly behind the rivet. Just above the shoulder. There are two, on either side of the spine.

I might try relieving them.

Where the black mag seems to be hanging up is all along the sides towards the rear of the mag. They are shiny compared to the rest. Looks like there will be a belt sander in it's future. What the hell, it was free.

Other than that, I haven't fired them yet, but I think they will work fine.
    I still think they were a good deal. Mine say 07/09 on the clears, and 04/09 on the black one.
    Last edited by DOOK; 02-07-2013 at 06:21 AM.

BANNED
    How well are they feeding for you?

I haven't had time to try them, sady.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    In a shell scrape 300 metres behind you...
    I just got 5 and tried them out last night. The major issue here is that they are pinned at a tight 5 rounds, and in fact on 2 of mine seating the 5th round was so tight that it bulged the feed lips enough that the mag would not fit in the mag well. Remove one round and no problem but I wasn't looking for an effing 4 round mag. I am going to re-pin these from the rear - the massive rivet they use in the front will leave a huge hole but I will jimmy up a solution for that "somehow"...

These need to be pinned at 5.5 or they are a no go for me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So is my free mag on the way yet? I was in before the end date. Maybe just got lost in the shuffle? And how are you people fixing the tight 5th rd issue. Thanks.

I will try to groove the bottom of the follower where it hits the rivet.
    This should make it a 5.5.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by mudgunner49 View Post
    I just got 5 and tried them out last night. The major issue here is that they are pinned at a tight 5 rounds, and in fact on 2 of mine seating the 5th round was so tight that it bulged the feed lips enough that the mag would not fit in the mag well. Remove one round and no problem but I wasn't looking for an effing 4 round mag. I am going to re-pin these from the rear - the massive rivet they use in the front will leave a huge hole but I will jimmy up a solution for that "somehow"...

These need to be pinned at 5.5 or they are a no go for me.
    I wish stuff like this was not happening anymore, I can't stand hearing it especially since we are now in 2013....

Love to see some videos of these in action...possible comparisons as well to other GI or Pmags..

The whole drop free thing is overated..

Is the deal where we post a pic of our rifle with 5 mags and you send us a 6th still on?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms Corp View Post
    Yes....Black AND Green MSAR mags will be here Friday.

So will our 50 BMGs

So will our Sig Sauer Patrol Rifles

So will our first batch of Glock 17s in FDE

Thanks for posting F55 !! Your free mag is ON THE WAY !!

So much updating......so only ONE of me :-(
    Still waiting, since mid december

CGN frequent flyer incorrigible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoulson64 View Post
    Is the deal where we post a pic of our rifle with 5 mags and you send us a 6th still on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms Corp View Post
    Site will be updated with magpul shortly. FREE MAG offer is until the end of the month.

HO HO HO
    Page 1
    Aequitas Veritas... Sanguis Coimhéad Fearg Fhear Na Foighde
    Proelium Comminus Auctoritate لحم الخنزير المقدد هو رائع! Illegitimi Non Carborundum