Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: MSAR Clear AR mags in stock

Crap, knew I should have gotten my ass in gear and posted my pic sooner.

I got 10 amber mags, and just with testing them off the range I found that about half stuck in the mag well. I had to slam it in and pull hard to get it out. Those same ones also had issues with striking the bolt catch release. Easy to pull out of my tac vest and handle though. I'm not entirely sure whether I like the bottoms, great for getting a handle on, but bad for space in a mag pouch. Springs are a little stiff too, could be they just need to be broken in. My only comparison is with the 30rd mags I used in the army. Anyhow, they look cool enough and I'm happy with my order :D
    Last edited by shadowhunterbob; 02-12-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Trying to get picture up

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ar180shooter's Avatar
    Here's a pic of my AR with the 5 MSAR mags and 2 Thermold mags.

I function checked them all, they drop freely and the bold hold open is activated by them all. The Thermold mags need a good tap to get them to seat properly, but they drop freely. The MSAR mags are of good quality, but the base plate is glued on, which is unfortunate.
    Last edited by Ar180shooter; 02-19-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    "If everybody you meet is an a$shole, then you're probably the problem, not them."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    I picked up ten of these to run in my Core15... All fit and feed five rounds fine, though some are a little tight. All fall free without problem. I echo that glued base plates are a slight downer... Not preferred to, but acceptable alternative to USGI or pmag.

BANNED
    So I got my 10 GEN III Pmags last week.

Only $3 more. They are pinned properly, Drop Free and don't have Glued bases.

masr or Pmag....msar or Pmag.... HMMmmmmm?

The Msars that were defective and did not work actually cost more than these Pmags that work Perfectly. (not refunded shipping)

Stick with Pmags. Do Not Panic buy these Mags. Not worth it.

Lucky thing that the kindergarden class that did the ####ty pinning job also glued on the baseplates as they only used white glue, as said already just use a punch to tap the release tabs loose on the bottom remove the baseplate and clean out the rest of the dry glue that scrapes right off with a small razor.

I agree these things don't hold a candle to a Pmag, not even in the same league, BUT if whoever pinned them would have just used a small 1/8" rivet instead of the massive 1/4" ones even in the same spot would allow the follower to move in enough for them to at least function half ass with 5 rounds, and leave the only pet peeve being they don't drop free in most guns. If I were to sand/grind down the two small raised tabs on the back, I do believe they would fall free in my Bushmaster, but will likely just leave as is and use the small few I have for days I want to shoot a crap load with one mag loading session, and use PMag's or coupled LAR 15's for regular outings, I have a feeling the LAR's will be my main users as long as they feed good, next warm day will tell.

As for Dlask, they have always been good to me, and love their stuff and have bought from them several times, hats off for at least trying to bring one more gun related product choice into Canada for us, I'd say it was the supplier that let them down.
    Last edited by MrSharp; 02-20-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post
    So I got my 10 GEN III Pmags last week.

Only $3 more. They are pinned properly, Drop Free and don't have Glued bases.

masr or Pmag....msar or Pmag.... HMMmmmmm?

The Msars that were defective and did not work actually cost more than these Pmags that work Perfectly. (not refunded shipping)

Stick with Pmags. Do Not Panic buy these Mags. Not worth it.
    Dude... You're trolling.

We all know you got a handfull of G3 Pmags, and good for you. No sarcasm either.

I wish I'd had the foresight & cash to order/buy some myself. And I don't even own an AR anymore.

But it's not cool to gloat about it in multiple threads. C'mon...

The psychotic murderer in Newtown, CT, broke 41 laws – how INSANE do you have to be to think the 42nd law would've had any effect on this madman ?

- Ted Nugent

BANNED
    Ok, yeah, so there's a little bit of glue on the base plate, but all it takes is a small push to remove the baseplate and peel off the glue.
    I bought a bunch. The ones I've used so far went in without too much hassle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer74 View Post
    Dude... You're trolling.

We all know you got a handfull of G3 Pmags, and good for you. No sarcasm either.

I wish I'd had the foresight & cash to order/buy some myself. And I don't even own an AR anymore.

But it's not cool to gloat about it in multiple threads. C'mon...

Dip #### is as dip #### does.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

So is the deal still on for the 6th mag free or not? if so here's the pic of my 5 mags in 4 of my guns plus my buddies XCR.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ