Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: New Norinco Type 97

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianReich View Post
    Im worred about the classification of the mag, as a restricted device. (if it were 11 rds it would be a prohibited device)

im not sure where the laws cross over here
    This version of the Type97 was made for Canada specifically, so If the mag is more than 5 rnds it would be a fatal flaw from the manufacturer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronkytonk View Post
    This version of the Type97 was made for Canada specifically, so If the mag is more than 5 rnds it would be a fatal flaw from the manufacturer.
    A fatal flaw from the manufacturer? Seriously? So before a PMAG is pinned it is flawed? Norinco is making the gun, not the aftermarket mags.

Pistol mags and pistol mags. Limited to ten.
    Center fire rifle mags at ten.

What they fit in beyond what they were originally made for makes no difference. They don't change the classification of the gun and if a pistol mag fits in a rifle and works its all good.

Go search CGN if that isn't clear enough. The number of threads on magazine classifications alone could have its own sub forum.

Let's keep this on the Type 97 and the FRT.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    LOL @ the mag issue...as long as mags are pinned...and dealers can do it...we are okay. The manufacturer does not have to do anything with it...no FATAL FLAW to cry about.
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Airborn_69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    +1, I don't know who took this thread astray with fracken mag restrictions but lets keep this on track, we'll scrolling through 100 pages of non sense by a few ADD types trying to start an off topic debate.
    Ex NFA Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutt-roc View Post
    i'd rather have my daughter be a whore than have my son work the guncounter at wholesale sports

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    A fatal flaw from the manufacturer? Seriously? So before a PMAG is pinned it is flawed? Norinco is making the gun, not the aftermarket mags.

Pistol mags and pistol mags. Limited to ten.
    Center fire rifle mags at ten.

What they fit in beyond what they were originally made for makes no difference. They don't change the classification of the gun and if a pistol mag fits in a rifle and works its all good.

Go search CGN if that isn't clear enough. The number of threads on magazine classifications alone could have its own sub forum.

Settle down buds,...
    , Pls re-read the post, I tried to explain to the poster that it would suck if the rifle indeed came to Canada with a 11 round mag,as I am sure it wouldn't ie "fatal flaw". No need to harness the almighty forum rage, and go off...lol Also I am not the one who started on about mag restrictions, I was simply answering another persons post. Some of you guys need to chill the fawk out...
    Last edited by ronkytonk; 03-13-2013 at 01:48 AM.

BANNED
    Fatal Flaw?

Are the T97's cancelled now?

Why

Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post
    Fatal Flaw?

Are the T97's cancelled now?

Why

Yep,
    Because I said so, I guess....

CGN frequent flyer Trigger_The_Rookie's Avatar

Threads like these wind me up a lot less since I bought an RFB. Still, I can't wait for a T97
    The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren’t enough criminals, one makes them. -Ayn Rand
    NFA: NO COMPROMISE

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Airborn_69's Avatar
    This is thread is turning into non sense, someone should delete this until North Sylva Co. has the FRT # in writing.
    Ex NFA Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutt-roc View Post
    i'd rather have my daughter be a whore than have my son work the guncounter at wholesale sports