Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: New Norinco Type 97

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    ^^^ To 5540fight, Looks like some folks missed the punch line.

Why do gun owner dissolve into children at the slightest scent of new toy; an addiction indeed.

Don't recall seeing NS make any commitment, their first post here states:
    We are currently in the process of finalizing on the FRT number and the new sample should be approved shortly. If everything goes according to plan, these should be in stores hopefully by early spring.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

^+1

Will this be a non-resrtricted weapon?

Yes, with a legal 20 capacity magazine, 12" barrel and will be available next week or so.

any dealers in Ontario selling the product

CGN Regular
    I forgot about this...has there been any real status updates lately?
    -pash
    -------------------------------
    Proud Member of the NFA.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Why NOT.
    Quote Originally Posted by robertkg01 View Post
    Will this be a non-resrtricted weapon?
    Banned in BANtario; check out stores in AB
    Quote Originally Posted by robertkg01 View Post
    any dealers in Ontario selling the product
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TRaTSeRiF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pash1977 View Post
    I forgot about this...has there been any real status updates lately?
    No, but lots of wisecracks. Somebody mentioned on the forum that a sample has been submitted recently to be reviewed at the speed of government. A couple of shops are claiming it's coming in this spring. Just lots of conflicting information. The only thing we can do is sit and wait for concrete news. With that being said, a boat from China will take at least a month. I wouldn't think they're tooled up for mass production or that they will tool up until it gets approved, so that adds to the waiting period. I'm already buying AR accessories and am resigned to dealing with restricted crap.
    A penny found is worth more than a penny earned, because a penny earned is taxed.

Super GunNutz
    I just can't resist and have nothing of value to offer to the thread topic. But; I kind of miss the pre-internet days when i walked into Lever Arms (Vancouver) and was amazed at the new stuff in the show case. I don't recall a single trip where I did not walk out with something. Nostalgia is a great way to pass the wait. I'm on ONE of the free lists and if/when it comes my turn I'll happily complete the purchase. Until then, the Type 88 and RFB will fill the itch. I also find patience is easier to come by in my forties than in my twenties. The rifle will show up soon enough or,if not, something else of equal interest will capture my fascination.

Remain optimistic and find something enjoyable and engaging to do while you wait, time passes faster when your having fun.

BANNED
    Yup I gave up as well. At the rate things go with classification etc I decided to get an xcr. I will also stay on the waiting list in case there is a fantastic turn of events.