Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3131516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: New Norinco Type 97

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saskgunowner101 View Post
    FML if this true....
    No frt number. It isn't true. Misprint or per-sale.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer saskgunowner101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    No frt number. It isn't true. Misprint or per-sale.
    Good thing for me, the money set aside for this has been spent lol.
    Needing Husqvarna 77 chainsaw parts to bring a beast back from the dead...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by saskgunowner101 View Post
    Good thing for me, the money set aside for this has been spent lol.
    Same here, got impatient and bought myself an XCR.

I figure maybe in six months minimum they will be here though.

Someone used the phrase "at the speed of govn't"...indeed. Plus there's the fact that the GSG Stg44 has been in the hands of the RCMP since, what? Early 2012?
    Ya, I am not holding my breath on my pre-order for the T97...
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

i think they put that in there just to screw with us lol

As of at least today there is an frt for a type 97ns prototype, i believe in the notes it was one that was one submited july 2012 and imported by north sylva. Thats all im going to say though.

Quote Originally Posted by polkey View Post
    As of at least today there is an frt for a type 97ns prototype, i believe in the notes it was one that was one submited july 2012 and imported by north sylva. Thats all im going to say though.
    Post the number? Or even better a screen shot? Will believe when I see it. Too many false alarms.

Edit: don't worry about.
    Last edited by fenceline; 04-06-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

I was in Wasnstals today and they are sure leading that the guns are approved and going to be flown in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by polkey View Post
    It is not as of today, it is as of last year, and the classification is "prohibited" (because it falls within the definition of "automatic firearm" in s.84 of the Criminal Code, that is paragraph (c) of the definition of "prohibited firearm"). That is the newest change regarding anything "Type 97" in the FRT... and that all happened last year. Anyone who claims there to be anything new... POST THE SCREEN CAPTURE. Everything else is rumour and bumpf. It's all public folks. There are no "secret" or "private" FRT numbers, allowing for secret Chinese factories to secretly build secret firearms secretly approved by Canadian authorities. If there is no FRT #, there are no firearms. Period.

Some of the dealers are obviously deeply in the dark about how any of this works. The guns won't even be manufactured until a "non-restricted" or "restricted" classification is given, and that has not happened yet. I would strongly suspect that, at this point, nothing is going to happen this YEAR, let alone this month. Back in December, NS put the "Type 97NRS" in their dealer book with an ETA of April 2013. Why they did that, I'm not sure we will ever know, but it certainly wasn't because they received a non-restricted FRT for a prototype, and then put in a big order for these new firearms to be built and delivered in April 2013. Whatever the truth turns out to be, we know for sure that it wasn't that.

This is the FRT for the T97NS Prototype from last year.

These are all the rest of the Type 97 FRT. They are from a few months ago, but if anyone has any newer information please screen-capture it and post it:

The Type 95 (obviously prohib):

The Type 97 (export select-fire version of the T95, again obviously prohib):

Type 97A variants in 5.56x45 NATO:

Type 97A variants in .223REM:

Type 97A sniper, which is sold as the "Type 88" by Tactical Imports, and is non-restricted:

If people have any newer, or additional information to this, please post a screen capture.
    Last edited by ghostie; 04-06-2013 at 09:27 PM.

^^^ What he said.