Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920212223242527 ... LastLast

Thread: New Norinco Type 97

Might be getting ahead of myself, but is it true that Pmags don't fit into the Type 97?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t_102 View Post
    Might be getting ahead of myself, but is it true that Pmags don't fit into the Type 97?
    Seeing as....
    A) The FRT hasn't been issued
    B) The dealers selling them have refused to asnwer direct questions or post pictures (probably because they haven't seen one of these NR versions either)
    C) And no one actually owns one to try

Yes. You may be getting ahead of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by t_102 View Post
    What if someone wants to talk about other aspects that are related to this thread? Or need some clarifications because they are late to the party? I don't believe in thread lock unless theres a problem.
    What else is there to talk about? No one has any info about them other than speculation and comparing them to the ones that were turned prohibited.
    It was stupid for NS and any of the retailers to mention them or start taking pre-orders on them until the FRT was approved and they knew they were actually coming in.
    Pre-order for a rifle that doesn't even have an FRT is stupid. They should be placed on the shelf when they arrive at a retailer and be sold to whoever walks through the door and wants one. There are people out there on multiple lists creating false demand and the retailers are going to end up jacking the price till the shipments show up then there will be a surplus and the value will drop. These are not keltec products, we will probably see large shipments when/if the do get approved and we will all have a chance to own one.
    If the retailers want to create a pre-order list they should ask for a deposit of at least $400 that is only refundable if the FRT is not approved. That would keep people from putting their names on multiple lists.
    Since they already let it out of the bag I think they are being quite irresponsible not giving regular updates and just letting everyone twirl in the wind wondering what's happening and making crap up.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

^^^^^^Exactly why I'll wait for the second or third batch to arrive. I'm content shooting my tavor for another season :P

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Asking for a deposit is a financial commitment with certain legal obligations. If the FRT is not approved they may be on the hook for more than just refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    If the retailers want to create a pre-order list they should ask for a deposit of at least $400 that is only refundable if the FRT is not approved. That would keep people from putting their names on multiple lists.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    Asking for a deposit is a financial commitment with certain legal obligations. If the FRT is not approved they may be on the hook for more than just refund.
    Pretty hard to write up a contract stating that if the rifle is not given an FRT and therefore never becomes available that the deposit will either be refunded or given as store credit?
    These no commitment pre-order lists are pathetic. They are exactly why the KSG has such a ridiculous false demand and why Wolverine isn't selling them any more. All the guys with their name on 6 lists trying to get one for themselves and the a couple extra to double their money on the EE have ruined it for the rest of us. The T97 is headed the same direction if it is granted an FRT.
    I don't see the need for a pre-order list on a Norinco anyway. The US won't let them in so we will get them all and I'm pretty sure they will be able to produce them in numbers large enough that if you don't get one from the first shipment you'll get one from the next batch.

Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    Pretty hard to write up a contract stating that if the rifle is not given an FRT and therefore never becomes available that the deposit will either be refunded or given as store credit?
    These no commitment pre-order lists are pathetic. They are exactly why the KSG has such a ridiculous false demand and why Wolverine isn't selling them any more. All the guys with their name on 6 lists trying to get one for themselves and the a couple extra to double their money on the EE have ruined it for the rest of us. The T97 is headed the same direction if it is granted an FRT.
    I don't see the need for a pre-order list on a Norinco anyway. The US won't let them in so we will get them all and I'm pretty sure they will be able to produce them in numbers large enough that if you don't get one from the first shipment you'll get one from the next batch.
    Obviously you don't know how Norinco operates. There's a big demand for a lot of their products, and yet for some reason a lot of dealers remain out of stock on some on some very in demand products. The trend I've noticed is that they seem to ship sporadically and never seem to give any of their distributors much feedback on order status.

I was comfortable to pre-order, and I'm sure it will show up... once day. To each their own. All the dealers sold out within hours just about for this rifle. It could be 6 months after the first shipment before the next boat gets here from China with the second batch. I would rather have to hottest rifle first, if you're not interested then go troll another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mhowarth View Post
    Obviously you don't know how Norinco operates. There's a big demand for a lot of their products, and yet for some reason a lot of dealers remain out of stock on some on some very in demand products. The trend I've noticed is that they seem to ship sporadically and never seem to give any of their distributors much feedback on order status.

I was comfortable to pre-order, and I'm sure it will show up... once day. To each their own. All the dealers sold out within hours just about for this rifle. It could be 6 months after the first shipment before the next boat gets here from China with the second batch. I would rather have to hottest rifle first, if you're not interested then go troll another thread.
    I've been on the paid pre-order list with the original importer of the T97 since 2010. I'm definitely interested in the rifle but think the free pre-order lists where people call every dealer and put their name in are silly.

Your right though Norinco isn't exactly consistent with their deliveries.

I would find another thread but I'm hoping some day NS will actually give an update on the status of the FRT but reading all the uninformed speculation and stupid repetitive questions over and over (yes I've read every post in this thread) has pushed me to lash out.
    It's not trolling it's finally getting so frustrated with the lack of information from the importer I wish they had never said they were coming till they had an FRT.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    The lack of info is truly what is annoying. I could care less how long it takes to get an FRT. Silence is brutal. If it isn't going to happen, or things got stalled for some reason just say so.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    The lack of info is truly what is annoying. I could care less how long it takes to get an FRT. Silence is brutal. If it isn't going to happen, or things got stalled for some reason just say so.
    Exactly.