Page 1 of 28 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: New Norinco Type 97

Thumbs up New Norinco Type 97

Seeing that you guys are the Norinco importer, I figured that you guys are importing the new T97s now.
    If so, is that true?

Could you tell us more on the differences between the new legal batch vs the old illegal batch?

Does this also mean you guys will bring in the long awaited JS 9mm now?

Bump, we would like to know if the FRT is already approved and everything is a green light in spring.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Would be great assurance to know the FRT is approved to guarantee we'll get the 97 in Spring and not like the previous fiasco.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

BANNED
    Also if they already have a sample and its approved they can take some pictures of it in the mean time ...

OK.

I have been monitoring this forum for a few days and this is the first opportunity I've had to post as It has been a busy week.

Let's set the record straight regarding the T97NSR, I wanted the be the first to post about it, but some excited dealers beat me to it.

For well over a year now, North Sylva has been working very hard with Chinese State Arsenals to redesign the receiver on the original T97A rifle. A few prototypes were created, and after a few tries, it seemed we finally got it right.

This newly made firearm will be know as the T97NSR. It is important to note that this is NOT a T97A. It has been completely redesigned from the ground up. We are currently in the process of finalizing on the FRT number and the new sample should be approved shortly. If everything goes according to plan, these should be in stores hopefully by early spring.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Thanks,

Thank you N.S

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cbabes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    OK.

I have been monitoring this forum for a few days and this is the first opportunity I've had to post as It has been a busy week.

Let's set the record straight regarding the T97NSR, I wanted the be the first to post about it, but some excited dealers beat me to it.

For well over a year now, North Sylva has been working very hard with Chinese State Arsenals to redesign the receiver on the original T97A rifle. A few prototypes were created, and after a few tries, it seemed we finally got it right.

This newly made firearm will be know as the T97NSR. It is important to note that this is NOT a T97A. It has been completely redesigned from the ground up. We are currently in the process of finalizing on the FRT number and the new sample should be approved shortly. If everything goes according to plan, these should be in stores hopefully by early spring.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Thanks,
    Thanks. So what gave Wanstalls the idea that the FRT was done?

Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of the lambs.

T97NSR -- does the NSR stand for North Sylva Rifle?
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Kveldulf View Post
    T97NSR -- does the NSR stand for North Sylva Rifle?
    I'm gonna guess at it too. My guess is that they wanted to make it clear that it is a newly made rifle and not the T97A, so they called it T97NSR "Non-Restricted Semi-Automatic Rifle".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mg4201's Avatar
    Thanks very much North Sylva for all the work you did to make this happen.
    It is better to live one day as a lion, and die than to live one thousand years as a lamb.

Page 1 of 28 1234567891121 ... LastLast