Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: New Norinco Type 97

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Throttle_monkey1's Avatar
    Maybe it means "Not the Same Rifle".

BANNED
    I'm not going to bet that the RCMP does not say "New Chinese bullpup? Looks like the Type 97, must be a variant. Prohib, (CGN) suckers!"

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemup View Post
    I'm not going to bet that the RCMP does not say "New Chinese bullpup? Looks like the Type 97, must be a variant. Prohib, (CGN) suckers!"
    Except that makes absolutely no sense.....

The type 97 model is not prohibited by OIC. Converted auto/full auto is and that is what they claimed the original was.

There is already a non-restricted Type-97 variant..... so they cannot prohibit it based on being a variant.

Alright this has opened up more questions than answers.

Will this new T97NSR be even a QBZ95/T97 pattern rifle? Or is this brand new rifle designed based off the already legal QBU88?

If the new rifle is based off the legal QBU88, is it essentially a QBU88 chopped down down to 19inches, with STANAG mag well, flat top upper, side charging handle?

If it is neither, and if it is indeed a brand new design altogether, is this rifle even a T97 anymore?

What we want to know is, are we receiving a QBZ95 type rifle or not? Or it is a shorter QBU88 but renamed as a T97NRS? Or is it a brand new rifle that does not resemble the QBZ95 or QBU88 altogether but marketed as a T97?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    North Sylva,

You mentioned previously you were working with Chinese State Arsenals in order to have the rifle redesigned to suit our market. Now, this is a bit of a stretch, but how hard would it be to have them redesign the rifle with a flat top rail and a charging handle moved to the left or right side of the rifle? Would they even be receptive to a request like that? The reason I ask is that it would make the rifle a lot more optic friendly.

I understand that would likely be a significant redesign but not entirely impossible. I figured there's no harm in throwing the idea out there.
    A2 flash hider aficionado.

Top Secret. Model: type 97NRS approve for civi use. (Wanstalls stated it has a approve FRT)

CGN frequent flyer
    The rifle will look like a T97, internally the frame is built different in order to prevent happy parts from being installed or any modifications made thereof. I saw the specs myself and asked my opinion , I don't see any problem with FRT approval.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer deagle2008's Avatar
    hey NS reading this makes me want to ask if you could get the chineas to make Scars, since rcmp didnt approve the original Scar maybe the will approve a clone

CGN frequent flyer pbr streetgang's Avatar
    a pic would be awesome.
    Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were goin' all the way.

LOL.. sounds like you are joking.. but what if...
    Quote Originally Posted by deagle2008 View Post
    hey NS reading this makes me want to ask if you could get the chineas to make Scars, since rcmp didnt approve the original Scar maybe the will approve a clone