Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg Tactical .22lr Mags Available

ok that will explain it then....thanks

Can't find the mags on the site? Please help. Want two. Great starter gun. Fun Fun Fun!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    I was going to buy one, but the guy at Cabelas (in Edmonton) actually talked me out of it, saying they were made of very cheap materials, prone to jamming/fail to feeds... etc. I was surprised he talked me out of buying it. "Go ahead but I don't think you'll be happy as we have had lots of issues with these rifles... you get what you pay for". Maybe he was holding one for a friend and didn't want to sell to me? heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    I was going to buy one, but the guy at Cabelas (in Edmonton) actually talked me out of it, saying they were made of very cheap materials, prone to jamming/fail to feeds... etc. I was surprised he talked me out of buying it. "Go ahead but I don't think you'll be happy as we have had lots of issues with these rifles... you get what you pay for". Maybe he was holding one for a friend and didn't want to sell to me? heh.
    never had any issues with it, but yes, the plastic is kinda thin. the onr thing i dont like is the grip it is the only spot you can kinda tell the plastic is thin as it wobbles a little.
    if i really cared i would take it apart and thicken it up with epoxy on the inside then put a hogue slip on grip over it... but its not that bad at all.
    its a great .22 for the money.
    ----------
    ez8
    ----------

I bought one in Dec hate it.I cant get more than 10 rds out of it after cleaning it, befor it starts jamming up every 3-5 rds.thats with cheep and good ammo. I asked the gun store about it and they said it was a crap shoot on the mags. try a new one. did not even offer to get me a new mag. Mossburg says there is nothing wrong with thier product.
    CCFR Member

I got one for my boys (and me) for Xmas but did a lot of research before. Sometimes the mag that comes with the Mossberg Tactical has issues with jamming. If you buy a new mag I'm sure that you will love it. Problem is finding new mags

Just got my little Mossberg. 150 down the tube with cheap ammo and not a problem great gun. Bought it from Wanstalls. Now I need more mags.

Still on the hunt for some mags....

I have one. I noticed that mine will jam often if the mag is used to support the rifle when shooting. If the mag is left to hang free both of mine work fine. My front rail was not index properly and I looked at a couple more units and they were out of index to. However this was easily fixed by loosening all the bolts indexing the front sight and tightening theme again. Overall I am pleased with it.

CGN Regular
    I just talked to a guy at Bass Pro in Balzac, they have over -2300 in stock. Yes, that is a negative.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast