Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Running Guns.....accross the border

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBeaverBoomStix View Post
    Understood, the real question is why so many dealers say they can't/won't get an item, for example 9mm AR mags, show me one dealer in all of Canada that is bringing these in.

Big fan of Dlask, but there's a huge untapped market for special orders - that was never beyond the reach of the dealers, just not of sufficient interest/profit incentive.

This may prove to be a missed opportunity, but there's always a hungrier dealer out there to meet demand and 2013 will show how big an opportunity that was.
    if a company doesn't see a large enough demand why bring it in. They pick items they think they can sell simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    if a company doesn't see a large enough demand why bring it in. They pick items they think they can sell simple as that
    That is exactly what the American company(s) are taking advantage of. They have enough of a demand in the states with the much larger population that they can stock these rare and mostly unneeded items. If they sell one here a year they don't are because they probably sell 100s a year down south. The fact is, because one side of the border needs it, they have the desire to stock and sell these items on both sides. Unfortunately for Canadian only dealers, they do not have the population to sell these items to, so they can't stock them.

CGN frequent flyer BigBeaverBoomStix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    Do you know any canadian dealer that is sitting on a pile of hard to sell mags?

There's too much duplication in some areas, like Pmags, and too little of everything else. That's why there's always a mad scramble for most product, because it's always in such short supply up here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    If anything this should put pressure on the importer/distributors.....maybe it's time to for the shops to deal directly with the American distributors and cut out the extra markup in Canada.
    It's not like we get outstanding no BS warranty service up here by these distributors despite paying more for the goods!

Good post Dlask/Zombie!

One question Dlask. Why two websites? Dlask Arms and deadzombies. Which do you represent? Who should I contact for special orders questions?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    I have two websites too, and I'm not even selling things on them!

Having two storefronts makes a lot of sense when you're trying to position yourself in search engine results. It also affords for more specialized presentation.

You might only find the mini-moose and other Dlask customs on the Dlask site, but the Kabar zombie knives are naturally suited to the other storefront.

And yes, Harrier45, not cool man.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post

Oh, BTW, good on Dlask for accepting the challenge IRunGuns has thrown down...
    +1 100% agree. By one dealer stepping up, others will step up. Gone I believe are the days of something being all "tacticool" being super rare. All of the neat, cool stuff is becoming more and more common. If we can appeal to multiple shooting audiences, we can definitely expand our base and gain more and more shooters... and with numbers, we all know comes strength :P

CGN frequent flyer BigBeaverBoomStix's Avatar
    Yea, that kind of got me confused too.

I don't understand why there's two sites, which have different product, what if I want to buy from both sites on the same order/shipping?

Agree on the AR ad, next time send a pm, - I should have been more specific, I meant pinned high capacity 9mm AR mags, the stubbies are great but no good for CQB courses, just too small to handle on the run, etc.

Long live Dlask!
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

I have apologized to Dlask, and to the moderators for my breach of etiquette and my oversight regarding the AR.15 magazines. Now I apologize to you all as well. The question was posed as to which dealers were carrying these items. My intention was to answer that question only, nothing more.
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast